Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Overview & Responsibilities:
The Sr. Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for cash posting of both wires and lockbox receipts, presenting cash adjustments, and reducing un-applied cash receipts on our accounts receivable Aging. This position will report to the Cash Manager. Day-today includes but is no limited to the following:
- Apply & adjust cash payments to outstanding invoices in sub-ledger.
- Ensure smooth month-end and annual close for AR
- Apply credit memos and debit memos in a timely and accurate manner
- Partner with revenue team for resolution of un-applied cash
- Work closely with Credit Analysts, Client Services, and the Sales teams for invoice & unapplied cash resolution
- Prepare cash application reconciliations for lockbox and wire payments
- Update reports as needed for management
- Extensively research unapplied payments & communicate internal and external to resolve
- Individual and team projects to reach departmental goals
- Occasionally overseeing and assisting in review work of AR/AP Specialist
- Ad Hoc reporting and project management as assigned by management
- Apply cash receipts on a timely basis by quickly and consistently following up on unidentified cash receipts and credits.
- Strengthening processes to permit accurate reporting
- Automating processes to avoid manual entry
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable related experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, fiance or any business related field is highly preferred
- Excel skills required
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Strong detail-orientation with a penchant for data accuracy.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to build and deliver findings, presentations and reports to senior management.
- Exemplary relationship builder who is consultative in nature and able to quickly form partnerships with colleagues and customers.
- Experience in the online entertainment industry is helpful
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Nearest Major Market: Louisville