Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
We are seeking a dedicated QA Manager to join our team! The candidate will think critically and ensure quality throughout the P+ end to end testing ecosystem. Come join a growing team!
The ideal candidate will work with developers, product managers, QA team members, and operations partners to ensure deliverables are timely and meet expectations. This role requires facilitating and owning the testing process to include code quality and making overarching technical decisions, as well as mentoring the junior and/or new QA Engineers- both onsite and offshore.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases utilized by local and offshore QA teams
- Execute the activities of the software quality assurance function for maximum date and quality predictability, with effective risk awareness and management.
- Track & help troubleshoot regression/production issues and drive the resolution with engineering and customer support.
- Examine and provide detailed root cause analysis, publish findings, mentor team members as to how to close the gaps and avoid bugs to production.
- Develop a deep understanding of our product and drive testing end to end for releases/patches.
- Strong experience developing Metric Dashboards (in Jira) to display test results and build an audit trail over time.
- Perform issues reporting, research, analysis, confirmation, and support resolution on assigned projects
- Lead & mentor a small team of in-house and offshore QA Engineers with ability to lead and work with teams across multiple locations, cultures, and time zones.
- Demonstrate accountability, thought-leadership, initiative, independence & willingness to learn.
- Lead day-to-day issue reporting and testing activity in JIRA, provide feedback to testers on the quality of their tickets, anticipate usage issues and making recommendations for inclusions/updates
- Provide all information and feedback to outsourced QA partners to enhance the quality of their service
- Ensure that the QA team adheres to the principles, guidelines and standard processes implemented
Minimum 10 years' experience testing web and client/server software
Strong knowledge of software and web QA methodologies, tools, and processes
Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test cases and test scenarios in Multimedia or Entertainment fields
Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing in Agile Environment.
Strong communication, presentation, and the ability to interact authoritatively with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter authorities.
Ability to influence collaborators and partners across all levels.
Experience coaching, training, and mentoring QA engineers to ensure quality standards are met across the entire team
Experience in testing Web, Mobile, Backend, and OTT Devices (Smart TV, Roku, Apple TV, etc.)
Background knowledge of testing API Endpoints using Postman, Charles Proxy or Rest Assured
Top notch communication, organizational and soft skills for both a technical and non-technical audience
Bachelor's and Master's degree preferred.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland