Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Library and Archive Services is a service-based department that provides a variety of day to day operations to productions for Viacom Brands and Channels. The main role of the department is to maintain the company archive, proprietary database and provide support to productions. The department ensures that content is properly archived, handled, maintained and made accessible to all internal archive users!
Duties AND Responsibilities:
- Maintenance and Operation of proprietary database (Alias/VMS) and applications for research, tracking, cataloging and circulation of company assets.
- Maintaining metadata standards for cataloging of all Viacom physical and digital assets.
- Cataloging production elements to ensure search-ability and re-use within the company.
- Conducting metadata correction for assets in the database to enhance stability and improve search queries.
- Implementation of submission standards and guidelines for the receipt of production assets
- Engaging in internal and/or production-based research to identify assets related to artists, events, or programs.
- Processing physical and/or digital file requests in a timely manner for production groups and other internal Viacom archive users.
- Assisting user community with questions about workflows, submissions, and archive processes.
- Quality control testing for the integrity of the library database system and relay service issues to applications team.
- Cultivate and maintain work-based relationships with outside productions and vendors such as post-production houses and Iron Mountain.
- Maintaining comprehensive records of work for daily, monthly, and project-based work and reports.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities with experience in process and quality analysis. Demonstration of good judgment and detail oriented
- Must have excellent interpersonal, follow-through and communication skills, including both oral & written
- Physical aspects to the role, including moving boxes (up to 25 lbs) within our workspace
- Strong analytical, organizational, and analytic thinking skills
- Familiarity with production and digital technologies
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of working independently and in team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, follow-through and communication skills, including both oral & written
- Work Experience in Broadcast Media industry
- Microsoft Office Proficient
- Familiarity with Paramount's programming (inclusive of Viacom brands, CBS, and Showtime).
- Degree in Library Science, Information Science, or equivalent work experience preferred
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles