Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Overview & Responsibilities
Paramount Global Tech is hiring a Support Technician to provide high level of support to technology matters, primarily supporting Radio News,, but will assist with events as needed for Newsroom and production support!
This position is responsible for serving as the first level of response to assigned clients, providing data maintenance, supporting virtualized Windows and Linux servers, and maintaining client services software for audio, editing, and post-production. Also handles Office 365 set-ups!
- Address helpdesk responsibilities - eg. Respond to client issues and ticket entries.
- Point of contact for location(s), its service(s) and its process(es).
- Provide recommendations based on requests and requirements from business and tech groups.
- Assist in handling weekly onboarding for New Hire employees and contractors working closely with HR department, contractor vendor and internal collogues. By Hosting virtual support sessions for onboarding employees.
- Run numerous applications relating to - news production, communication, storage, content editing, and financials within the (Microsoft and Apple ecosystems).
- Support existing Active Directory.
- Management of data on shared storage.
- Install and configure Windows Operating Systems with extensive knowledge.
- Support production system - eg. AP ENPS, Avid iNews, Radioman, Dante, SAS, Teleprompters.
- Basic Broadcast IT Functions (Air Control, Transmission and Media Distribution operations)
- Support Office 365 products - configure, setup and support.
- Basic A/V Setup and support, related to conference system.
- 2+years of IT broadcast related support
- Must be available to work some Holidays, weekends, early and late hours, potentially overnight. Must be able to lift 35 pounds of computer equipment, carry, and set-up.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft O365 support and maintenance
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively guide, support, and bring up anomalies for all end-users in a live 24/7 broadcast facility
- Experience working with and supporting clients and endpoints in a creative environment
- Strong solving skills
- Ability to detail processes and workflows.
- Position should be able to think quickly to get Broadcasts on air in a high stress live broadcast environment.
- Availability to travel to various locations for domestic events with short notice.
- Ability to collaborate with other teams/ collogues.
- Capable to work independently.
- BA in IT or Media related field, applicable industry certificates, or equivalent experience
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City