Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
We are the Video Operations and Streaming team, responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content streamed on over 15 platforms for Paramount+. Our team is also responsible for the encoding and delivery of premium content to millions of users every day! Role Details: We are seeking an experienced operations manager to join our team. The role requires someone who is passionate and knowledgeable about digital video to lead all aspects of a wide range of video related initiatives, with focus on content management systems integrations and migrations. Our ideal candidate presents good technical skills and is a problem solver with an enthusiasm for developing solutions and processes to address complex problems.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Manage video catalog initiatives in coordination with global content teams
- Create and manage video publishing workflows
- Monitor and address video streaming related issues
- Manage technical details of video distribution and infrastructure, including integration into Paramount websites, mobile and OTT applications
- Ability to operate independently, balance multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested.
What you bring to the team:
- Minimum five (5) years experience with video content management systems
- BA / BS Degree in a related field or equivalent work related experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience of streaming video, video formats, video publishing workflows, encoding and delivery methods
- Background with streaming device video capabilities
- Solid technical skills with expertise in working with XML and JSON
- Must be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, innovative with a sharp eye for detail
- Experience with Quality of Service (QOS) tools
- Project Management, Coding and scripting knowledge & experience
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles