Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Pluto TV, a Paramount™ Global (formerly ViacomCBS Streaming) company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. PltoTV creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young, and the young at heart audiences in over 180 countries.
Overview & Responsibilities
Data plays a central role at Pluto TV, and as part of the Data & Insights Group (DIG), our Measurement Operations (MOPS) team plays a crucial part in the success of our streaming products. It drives business, product, and operational decisions by providing rich data, strategic insights and analytical products. We are looking for a Manager, Analytics Implementation Engineering for Pluto TV who is passionate about data, and entertainment, and who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Manage a team of analytics implementation engineers responsible for instrumentation data collection across multiple platforms collection via production engineering processes
- Hire, manage, and develop analytics implementation engineers, helping them enhance their skills and grow their careers
- Serve as a subject-matter-expert and delegator for analytics implementation engineers
- Own and contribute to data collection solutioning and roadmapping while ensuring high quality engineering processes and scalability across all practices
- Operate with a strong results orientation emphasizing the importance of efficiency and productivity and prioritizing the highest-value work on the team
- Play a critical role in the enablement of meaningful designed analysis of the company's user experience and audience behaviors across our digital properties
- Ensure that all new and existing products and features have accurate measurement by validating the measurement on each device and validating that all reports are populating as designed
- Support the vision with a solid strategy including the reallocation of resources to focus on priorities.
- Evangelize the use of and grow the adoption of measurement and analytics through coaching, training, and transparency
- Conduct performance evaluations in an objective fashion and retain employees who showcase ViacomCBS values
- Vet job candidates and make impactful hiring decisions that grow value of team
- Undergraduate degree in technical or quantitative oriented field
- 4+ years of experience in analytics, management consulting, business operations, or other relevant field
- 1+ years of experience managing a team; a track record of mentoring & developing team mates
- Excellent communication skills for both horizontal and vertical organizational lines
- Good skills and knowledge of leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Experience in mentorship with providing education to less senior team members
- Deep understanding of agile development methodologies and ability to tailor them to a specific situation
- Ability to objectively assess performance of direct reports
- Ability to make effective hiring decisions that add value to the team
- Graduate STEM degree in a quantitative discipline
- Experience in Streaming analytics
- Knowledge of web analytics tools (e.g. Adobe Analytics / Google Analytics) and/or tag management tools (e.g. Tealium, Ensighten, Google Tag Manager)
- Experience with one or more of the following: data analytics, data quality, data warehousing, data governance, business intelligence, data visualization, data privacy
- Agile experience and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- Excellent technical leadership, project management, analytical problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience developing solutions for tag deployment through tag management systems (Tealium, Adobe Launch).
- Some hands-on experience and implementation expertise with Adobe Analytics (formerly Omniture Site Catalyst) tool or similar analytics platform
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles