Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
CBS Sports HQ Field Engineer
Overview & Responsibilities:
Technology driven person looking to work with a fast-paced growing group, supporting remote field productions from small to medium sized. Strong communication, and organizational skills are vital: you will be responsible for working with live on-site show productions, audio, video, comms and transmission
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support Live remote shows. Assisting or running robotic cameras, audio, intercom and transmission
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced live environment running live events.
- Possess a variety of skills to troubleshoot; On-Air, In Person, with a variety technologies
- Work with studio engineering team to install, maintain and upgrade broadcast systems.
- Be a problem solver and possess ability to communicate complex principles in non-technical terms.
- Update engineering documents and diagrams.
- Work with studio engineering team to support broadcast center operations
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of newly deployed technologies.
- Work well with other broadcast engineering groups in the same facility or other CBS divisions in the field
- Attend site surveys and convey technical requirement (space, power, and data) to host site staff, and assist the operations department with generating accurate projected cost
- 5-10 years of experience with TV/Production specific experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of technical TV production equipment (including switchers, cameras, audio board, intercoms, fiber and a variety of transmission technologies
- Strong IT technology topics such as networking, windows operating systems
- Willingness/flexibility with hours (this role includes travel and events that will air in the evening, nights and weekends) is focused around support of live events.
- Experience with REMi productions a plus
- Job will require up to 50% travel
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Lauderdale
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami