Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
We're actively seeking a talented Director to join our Corporate Tax Technology team. Our core systems include SAP ECC, Corp Tax and Global Next.
The ideal candidate will be working on large finance and tax transformations projects, helping our clients leverage SAP to improve the tax function by supporting and automating internal operations of those departments.
In this role, the individual will need strong analytical skills, a strong finance background, as well as excellent communication skills as this role will require the individual to work cross functionally with members of the Finance and Accounting teams as well as other internal departments and external vendors.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Delivering large projects and programs related to SAP implementations and transformations.
- Having an ability to understand key tax processes and translate those requirements for SAP S/4.
- Collaborate and partner with the global tax team to lead on data, processes, business analysis and solutions to meet business requirements.
- Lead functional and technical configuration, integration, and deployment of the Tax solutions.
- Build and deploy the direct and indirect tax solutions roadmap.
- Implement and own the direct, indirect - sales/use tax, VAT, corporate Tax integrated with SAP S/4 HANA.
- Implement projects to drive continuous improvement and automation of the tax processes.
- Develop reports and analytics for the tax function.
- Provide both hands-on solutions and strategic leadership to support the business needs in a fast paced, growing organization.
- Manage and maintain stakeholder relationships in a cross-functional environment to collaborate on operational issues, support, and projects.
- Delivering quality work in alignment with key business metrics.
- Maintain current knowledge on global tax solutions and industry data trends.
- Providing input into thought leadership.
- Building and mentoring team members.
- Allocate, plan and schedule resources to key projects in the Tax Area.
- A minimum of 7 years of related work experience.
- A broad understanding of tax accounting and major tax processes Ideally, you will also have at least one of the following:
- Experience implementing third-party direct or indirect tax systems (such as ONESOURCE, Corp tax, Vertex).
- Excellent communication and business writing skills.
- 7+ years of techno-functional experience in the design, configuration and testing of Global Tax in an SAP environment, including:
- A natural flair for problem solving and an entrepreneurial approach to work.
- A strong interest in technology and its use in business processes
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with exceptional client-serving consulting skills.
- A demonstrated ability to capture and synthesize business requirements.
- An ability to lead a team and manage client-serving business.
- A demonstrated ability to successfully sell and deliver large enterprise programs.
- Experience defining data and reporting needs for a tax department.
- Experience managing large, multidisciplinary projects that impact tax (e.g., ERP implementations, tax co-sourcing engagements, finance transformations).
- Experience integrating Tax solutions with SAP.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP transactions and master data affecting tax reports.
- Business partnership experience collaborating with and supporting Tax business team.
- Effective communication skills, including an ability to both listen and articulate complex concepts to different audiences, resulting in action-oriented outcomes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively collaborate effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles