Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Overview and Responsibilities:
We are looking for an experienced HR Director and strategic HR Business Partner to join our growing People team supporting Paramount Streaming in all its growth and initiatives! The HR Director will collaborate with various departments, and will partner with various key stakeholders to complete planned deliverables. This role reports to the Senior Director, People.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Create, design, and implement dashboards that are data driven, in order to improve multiple aspects of the business [turnover, DNI, Workforce planning, Compensation, etc.)
- Build strategic partnerships with all key department leaders to foster an environment of innovation, excellence, and entrepreneurship.
- Provide HR guidance and advice to department leaders on HR policy and procedures, balancing needs with best practice.
- Understand our business and how what you do helps it accelerate at warp speed.
- Supports Senior Director, People in coordinating programs in areas of learning and development, engagement as well as around diversity, equity and inclusion
- Heavy employee relations experience with ability to create and implement sustainable solutions.
- Oversee performance management processes and collaborate with other senior leaders
- Mentor and coach junior members of our HR team.
- Provides guidance and leadership to the human resource team including assistance with resolution of agreement and compensation, performance and benefits questions and concerns.
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Facilitate and monitor the implementation of standardized human resource processes
- Design, implement, and recommend best practices in the application of HR processes, systems and policies for all aspects of the customer experience employee lifecycle
- Partner with the People team on workforce planning, employer branding and diversity initiatives
- Oversee the immigration process with Legal Counsel on H1B Visa Transfers, Perm Processing, etc.
- Assist management with coordinating employee training and professional development programs
- With time and earned responsibility, take accountability for recruiting
- Performs additional related duties as required and assigned
- Coordinate and hold employee exits, share trends and action plans with the Head of People to proactively prevent regrettable attrition
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree + HR Certification (SHRM, HRCI) would be preferred
- 10+ years of professional HR Leadership/or HRBP Experience
- Ability to develop strong working relationships across all departments, levels, and companies
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, and constantly changing [sometimes chaotic] environment
- Passion for learning, innovation, and organizational development
- Proactive, and can pick up skills/abilities at warped speed
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City