Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Overview and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Director, Human Resources who thrives in a fast paced environment to collaborate with our Marketing business leaders and help them drive their goals through tailor made HR strategies! This role will provide strategic consultation to client groups as well as tactical and operational support on a wide range of topics including compensation programs, engagement, performance management, workforce planning, organizational design, learning and development, diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Build strategic partnerships with all key department leaders to foster an environment of innovation, excellence, and entrepreneurship.
- Understand and apply the broad perspective of the business strategy back to the HR team to ensure alignment and high client relevancy of HR initiatives and programs.
- Translate business priorities into concrete short and long term staffing plans while partnering with Talent Acquisition to recruit, select and hire top talent.
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
- Assist leaders in understanding organizational interdependencies of current workforce trends by using data to determine and recommend the appropriate implementation of people strategies.
- Manage, lead and develop more junior HR talent, providing direction, guidance and management support to build an impactful team.
- Work collaboratively as a member of the HR team and continually innovate by improving processes, tweaking existing programs or introducing new initiatives to drive the right business outcomes.
- Lead organizational capability through assessing talent, identifying competency gaps, following through on succession plans, and the strategic movement of people.
- Provide guidance and solutions on matters related to employee performance and team effectiveness while offering feedback on style and leadership behaviors to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and drive retention.
- Create and implement sustainable solutions related to Employee Relations matters.
- Performs additional related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6+ years of well-rounded HR Business Partner experience and at least 1+ year management experience
- Strong functional HR knowledge; is well versed in fields of the HR function and stays current in emerging talent practices and developments
- Proven track record of successfully working at all levels of the organization, demonstrating influence and client advising skills with employees, managers and senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex business issues and develop HR initiatives/actions based on data and analytics to support business strategies
- Demonstrated process capabilities and metrics-driven, able to manage complex projects across multiple partners
- Experience with HR legal issues and working with legal counsel
- Operates with a high sense of urgency and initiative; able to proactively anticipate issues while providing viable, alternative solutions to the business
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities; skilled in communicating with diverse clients, both 1:1, in large groups and at any level within the organization
- Displays courage and confidence when tacking tough coaching situations while maintaining trusting client relationship
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed environment; strong collaboration skills with peers and corporate HR partners
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and statutes which govern policies and practices of hiring, compensation and benefits and general employment
Hiring Salary Range: $124,000.00 - 155,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City