Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Paramount+ (formerly ViacomCBS Streaming) is a division of Paramount™ that comprises many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, VH1, Paramount, BET, CMT, TV Land, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., Logo, Nicktoons, TeenNick, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe and Paramount Channel and more. ViacomCBS is home to premiere global media brands that build compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, apps, games, consumer products, social media experiences, and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 180 countries.
Overview & Responsibilities:
We are a passionate group providing data needs for all Paramount™ properties. This includes Paramount+, Paramount+ International, CBS, CBSNews, CBS Sports and related Sports Properties. Our team is made up of varying engineering roles including Data, Data Product and Ingestion Engineering. Our team is responsible for driving the ViacomCBS Streaming data strategy and best practices for data collection, Pipelines, usage and infrastructure.
The Data Engineer should possess a deep sense of curiosity and a passion for building smarter products based on data, and the ability to communicate data structures and tools throughout the Paramount™ organization. The perfect candidate for this role will use their skills in reverse engineering, analytics, and creative, experimental solutions to devise data and BI solutions. This engineer supports data pipeline development which includes machine learning algorithms using disparate data sources. The ideal candidate will also work with BI, Research, Engineering, and Product teams to implement data-driven plans that drive the business.
- Works with large volumes of traffic data and user behaviors to build pipelines that enhance raw data.
- Able to break down and communicate highly complex data problems into simple, feasible solutions.
- Extract patterns from large datasets and transform data into an informational advantage.
- Find answers to business questions via hands-on exploration of data sets via Jupyter, SQL, dashboards, statistical analysis, and data visualizations.
- Partner with the internal product and business intelligence teams to determine the best approach around data ingestion, structure, and storage. Then, work with the team to ensure these are implemented correctly.
- Contributing ideas on how to make our data more effective and working with other members of the engineering, BI teams, and business units to implement changes.
- Ongoing development of technical solutions while developing and maintaining documentation, at times training impacted teams.
- Early on, collaborate with the team on internal initiatives to create strategies that improve company processes.
- Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years work experience in Analytics/Measurement/Data Operations fields or consulting roles with a focus on digital analytics implementations.
- Familiarity with data management systems, both relational and NoSQL (e.g., BigTable, HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Proficient in Python.
- Familiarity with SQL skills for BigQuery, MySQL, and Postgres to perform common types of analysis
- Experience with exploratory data analysis using tools like iPython Notebook, Pandas & matplotlib, etc.
- Strong problem-solving and creative-thinking skills.
- Ability to break down and communicate highly complex data problems as simple, feasible solutions
- Demonstrated development of ongoing technical solutions while developing and maintaining documentation, at times training impacted teams.
- Experience developing solutions to business requirements via hands-on discovery and exploration of data.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, as well as translating business requirements into Data Solutions
- Experience building and deploying applications on a cloud platform (Google Cloud Platform preferred)
- Experience with Marketing tools like Kochava, Braze, Branch, Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a plus.
- Experience with Apache Airflow is a plus.
- Familiarity with Data Modeling.
- Familiarity in Hadoop pipelines using Spark, Kafka.
- Familiar with GIT.
- Experience with a Python web framework such as Django or Flask.
- Can perform statistical analyses using tools such as R, Numpy/SciPy with Python
- Experience with Adobe Analytics (Omniture) or Google Analytics.
- Digital marketing strategy including site, video, social media, SEM, SEO, and display advertising.
- Familiarity with ELT/ETL concepts.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Lauderdale
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami