Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Overview and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Coordinator/Assistant to provide administrative support to multiple legal executives on the Production Content Review team within the Business and Legal Affairs Department at Paramount and coordinate the Production Content Review function. The Production Content Review team provides legal counsel across multiple Paramount brands (BET, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, MTV, et al) regarding legal issues relating to multi-platform programming, including intellectual property, defamation, privacy, right of publicity, and handles related claims and a variety of pre-litigation matters.
- Maintain and update Production Content Review ("PCR") databases and Excel spreadsheets
- Keep track of all PCR activity for the group
- Maintain calendars and schedules
- Schedule and coordinate internal and external meetings, Zoom meetings, conference calls, lunches, and other business appointments
- Coordinate requests for review with various production groups and serve as a primary point of contact for those groups
- Prepare weekly reports
- Build and maintain well organized digital filing systems
- Perform legal administrative tasks including Bluebooking
- Maintain and update contact information
- Draft letters and correspondence (including blacklining, etc.)
- Complete travel arrangements & process travel and expense reports
- PDF and photocopy documents
- Field incoming phone calls
- At least 2 years in a legal or administrative assistant capacity
- Tech savvy with a high proficiency with MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Zoom and Adobe Acrobat
- A background or degree in media and/or entertainment
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize a large volume of diverse projects
- Background or active interest in the legal aspects of Paramount's core business, including entertainment law
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and excellent follow-through skills
- Excellent proofreading skills; high degree of attention to detail
- Able to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Ability to "think on your feet", take initiative and maintain a positive demeanor.
- Professional and efficient in handling incoming phone calls and inquiries
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City