Pluto TV, a Paramount Global company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
The Lifestyle + Culture Editor is in charge of the editorial voice, program scheduling, and overall success of their assigned channels on the platform. This role reports to the Programming Manager of these two categories. The Channel Editor is on the front line of revolutionizing the future of TV and is critical to achieving the Pluto TV mission of entertaining the planet.
- Develop and implement successful programming schedules demonstrating data and research
- Analyze and evaluate trends in content performance and consumer behavior
- Collaborate, ideate, implement programming stunts, and channel launches
- Experimental approach with goal of using data to support the success of content, channels, and scheduling strategies
- Work as a collaborative partner within the Programming team which includes standards and practices around the quality of programming
- Engage with the larger Pluto TV organization, partnering with the Promotion and Marketing teams, Content Ops, occasionally Live Ops, and Content Acquisition/Partner Relations teams
- Review content catalogs from major entertainment studios, distribution and production companies as well as select independent outlets
- Contribute standard methodologies and programming concepts to the team
- Join partner meetings when requested to pitch programming ideas
- Maintain the content database of TV, film, and digital catalogs
- Learn new software and practices to increase efficiency and quality
- Submit bugs and product feedback for the Pluto content management system
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 years' experience in media and entertainment
- Experience working in scheduling and content management systems
- Broad knowledge and passion for categories spanning Lifestyle, History, and Science content
- Ability to perform in-depth research and data analysis using metrics software
- Excellent project management, organizational skills, ability to prioritize workload, and manage stakeholder expectations
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- A creative spirit, collaborative attitude, eagerness to learn, and a team player
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles