Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
The Corporate Digital Research team provides insights and analysis on streaming and digital consumption across company platforms and brands! Using a multitude of analytical tools, the Research team answers imperative business questions for internal partners to help drive the company forward. Our team's data analysis and reports guide our partners decisions on content, product, and operations.
Overview & Responsibilities
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Manager who is a subject matter expert in both data and entertainment! A person that will thrive working with a team of Analysts in a dynamic environment. The position is anchored around our growing streaming services, i.e., Paramount+, Showtime, BET+ and Noggin which include content across CBS, MTV Entertainment Group, Nickelodeon, BET and more.
The Business Intelligence Manager will provide reporting, insights and analysis using multiple systems, passionate about data storytelling across the Paramount portfolio. The role will help develop dynamic, complex reports to allow both internal and external teams easy access to data and insights.
- Prioritize multiple reports that provide Key Performance Indicators/Objectives/Results to inform partners on the health of the business
- Present insights, analyses, and recommendations in a narrative tailored to any data customer, including executives
- Plan and prioritize data projects that require steering major reporting initiatives spanning multi-analyst/team projects. This includes collaborating with partners from across all data teams at Paramount Global
- Review, design, and develop reporting framework, visualizations, and dashboards pertaining to content performance, subscriber performance and product performance
- Participate in conversations about data opportunities and challenges across the Paramount portfolio
- Lead, educate, and critique data framework from end to end
- Research industry trends and signal potential business impacts
- Continually refine methodologies of KPIs and other metrics across digital businesses, based on current business needs and industry standards
- Improve and innovate to automate reporting efficiency
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years' experience in digital analytics, digital marketing/entertainment sector
- Proven track record of delivering practical analysis and insights particularly to senior leadership
- Phenomenal presentation and communication skills, with the ability to articulate concepts to partners at all levels in a clear and succinct manner
- Expert in SQL
- Knowledgeable in Tableau, Adobe Analytics, DOMO and Excel
- Strong understanding of many industries leading BI Tools
- Strong mathematics, statistics background
- Experience using Atlassian project management tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience using Snowflake
- Experience using DOMO
- A background in Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) or other subscription-based digital services
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City