Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The film studio's iconic logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as The Godfather, Chinatown, Forrest Gump and Titanic; and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, Mission: Impossible and Sonic the Hedgehog. Recent, innovative, break-out films such as The Wolf of Wall Street, Arrival, Rocketman, and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount's film legacy. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount Pictures' passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount Pictures controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group. Paramount Pictures is a subsidiary of Paramount, which connects with billions of people worldwide through its global brands including MTV, CBS, Paramount Network, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and streaming service Paramount+.
Overview and Responsibilities
Paramount Pictures, is seeking a Legal Assistant to join our legal team! The Legal Assistant is someone who preferably has a legal assistant/paralegal background and is a highly organized self-starter with a positive spirit, willingness to learn and ability to work together. This professional will report to three attorneys and will be responsible for providing support to all three executives as well as performing advanced administrative duties which require attention to detail, a proactive, can-do approach, professionalism, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Management and coordination of: calendars, contacts, meetings/trainings, mail, outside counsel/vendor payments, electronic signature requests, expense reporting, and travel scheduling (domestic and international)
- Answer phones, ordering supplies and organizing hard and e-files
- Assist with preparing responses to requests for verifications of employment and subpoenas for employment related documents
- Maintain files related to litigation, immigration, legal employment issues, and production conflict disclosures
- Review weekly status reports regarding FCPA training to production employees and distribute to production executives
- Prepare materials (Power Point) for legal update trainings presented to HR generalists
- Coordinate with outside counsel to provide documents and information as needed in litigation
- Assist in development and implementation of efficient workflows, processes, and logistics for legal team tasks (e.g., signature process, training programs, record keeping).
- Assist with legal billing administrative functions
- Assist with tracking CLE compliance
- Handle submission and management of agreements for electronic execution
- Handle distribution of draft and final agreements to appropriate distribution groups, including collecting information regarding the distribution group from various internal tracking documents
- Regularly liaise with executives and their offices
- Perform other projects and tasks as needed
- BA/BS Degree
- Legal background preferred--but not required
- At least 3 years of equivalent experience in administrative positions requiring strong project coordination
- Proficient knowledge of all MS Office products, Workshare, and internet applications
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to thoroughly and effectively prioritize tasks and deliverables
- Ability to receive and protect confidential information
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency at multi-tasking and managing projects
- Proactive, self-motivated, flexible and able to self-supervise and work independently
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly, innovate, and think beyond traditional methods
- Strong work ethic
- Adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles