Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Scope of Job: We are looking for a DevOps/SRE Engineer for online television and media-focused applications.
* This is a remote role. To be considered for this role, you must have either Swift/Xcode and/or Java or Kotlin experience.
- Analyze data from Crash reports, Analytics and Error Logs to understand issues and be responsible for the remediation from end to end
- Proactively fix anomalies in client-side applications through defect remediation and improvements in client codebases
- Work with leadership to achieve established DevOps metrics (Lead Time, Deployment Frequency, Mean Time to Restore (MTTR), and Change Failure Percentage)
- Champion DevOps continuous improvement initiatives for faster pipeline and release mechanisms that increase performance and availability of mobile applications
- Identify and automate tasks that are manual remediation difficulties including using AI/ML when possible and exploring vendor and custom solutions
- Collaborate with specific pipeline tooling that is maintained through DevOps tool sets using infrastructure as code, including automating New Relic events, dashboards, and monitoring with Terraform
- Serve as on-call client support for large production events including live broadcasts to monitor and address slowdowns or outages proactively and/or during events within client-side code
- Implement solutions from learning application behaviors including scaling of mobile applications and related footprints with back end systems and APIs
- Collaborate with peers on Mobile DevOps team and work on mobile application development codebase by following PR and code review processes
- Build and maintain weekly and ad-hoc reports on metrics
- Build systems that are reliable, detailed, and monitored across multiple metrics
- 3+ years leading and monitoring Linux/Mac systems and related mobile/media application technologies
- 1+ years running the design and implementation of Cloud services in AWS/GCP using tools like Terraform, Jenkins, and respective scripting languages like Shell or Python
- Validated experience with OO programming, ideally familiar with Swift or Kotlin for mobile native of at least 1+ years
- Shown experience in setting up/running monitoring tools like NewRelic or similar 1+ years
- Shown ability to work with 3rd parties and collaborate on solutions
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City