Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Overview & Responsibilities:
Paramount has an exciting opportunity for a Programming Rights Accountant in San Francisco for the Direct-to-Consumer Segment. This role will work collaboratively across all business functions to ensure all content expenses are accurately recorded in accordance with accounting standards and company policy. We are looking for an accounting professional who demonstrates initiative with capabilities of being able to thrive in a high-tech friendly environment who is thoughtful, collaborative, and proactive in their approach!
This position will report into the Senior Accountant leading all aspects of Programming Rights accounting and will be responsible for providing support across the Direct-to-Consumer Segment Controllership team, working with all members of the global Controllership team and interacting with all levels of personnel throughout Paramount. The programming accountant is a key member of the Controllership team; they will participate in the monthly close process and ensure all amortization schedules are reconciled and reported timely.
- Month-end close activities for: programming rights amortization costs, asset capitalization, intercompany validations, and programming obligations.
- Prepare analyses of external and internal content licensing agreements to determine appropriate amortization / application of accounting policies and genre curves
- Provide support for internal and external auditors, including SOX audits requests.
- Participate in ad-hoc programming/content expense analysis and accounting projects as needed
- Assist with the testing of system implementations and migrations
- Participate in automation initiatives to streamline growing business and content inventory.
- Assist with ERP implementation project
- Bachelor's required, a focus in Finance, Accounting or related area preferred
- 3+ years revenue accounting experience
- Oracle R12 or SAP experience
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills (vLookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Detail-oriented; ability to prioritize and work within a deadline-oriented environment
- Entertainment media industry experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland