Senior Account Executive
As a Senior Account Executive you will work closely with an account team by supporting and working with team members on a number of integrated communications programs. You will build relationships and maintain regular contact with the media, actively monitor and track client coverage and be responsible for monthly client reporting. Effectively working with clients to understand their business and communicate their message through earned, owned and paid channels.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, energetic, and creative thinker with strong organizational and writing skills, and someone who is looking to enhance their skill set and join a company that rewards talent and initiative. We are looking for an ambitious, self-starter for this position. The role will suit someone with at least one year PR experience, journalist contacts, demonstrable communication and writing skills and a thorough, professional and ‘can do’ approach. Within a dynamic, niche agency, this position provides an excellent opportunity for bright graduates who want to move up the ladder quickly by proving they are up for challenges and hard work.
- Keeping abreast of financial industry related topics to ensure other account team members are informed, and forwarding relevant information to your clients.
- Manage client interaction, communication and ensure that all client deliverables are being met.
- Delegating administrative tasks to Account Executives and interns, and following through on its completion.
- Raising the standard and quality of deliverables presented both internally and externally.
- Becoming highly familiar with your client's business, their competitors and the market/industry issues in general.
Media Specific Responsibilities
- Analyzing client’s media coverage, and reporting to the client on its quality and content.
- Reviewing press briefing sheets for client interviews, and adding relevant important information.
- Tracking relevant features and calling journalists to pitch in clients.
- Following up on distributed press releases, and pitching clients off the news.
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with journalists.
- Briefing clients thoroughly before every interview, managing interviews for trade press and follow - up process.
- Creating first drafts of press releases.
- Drafting pitches (cold/ or from a synopsis).
- Obtaining press lists for key conferences.
Account Specific Responsibilities
- Leveraging earned, owned and paid channels to effectively maximize exposure and impact for clients.
- Ensuring all materials that are delivered to the client arrive on time and are to the highest standard.
- Monitoring own time spent on account in line with the rest of the team.
- Monitoring and reporting on client’s competitor activity.
- Basic client interaction including, reporting on media trends in account meetings, and addressing the client as a consultant in email communication on basics topics like coverage, and interview opportunities.
- Selling in new ideas/stories to your Account Team and ultimately your clients.
- Keeping track of client deliverables, and ensuring that the team meets deadlines.
- Flagging and applying for industry awards where relevant for clients.
Business Development and Sales Responsibilities
- Support for all Vested New York business development events – focusing on introducing journalists to clients, and making new journalist contacts.
- Networking at key industry events.
- Proofing documents for prospective clients.
- Attending pitch meetings when required.
See Inside the Office of Vested
Vested is a new communications firm for a new financial industry. The company's integrated communications approach merges deep financial expertise with creativity and results. Over the last 15 years, Vested has worked with financial brands to make outsized impressions. Whether it’s managing clients’ social media profiles, PR programs, digital ad campaigns, or content marketing programs, Vested is focused on delivering outside-the-box results.
Back to top