As an Account Manager you will be responsible for managing and coordinating the day-to-day delivery of PR accounts ensuring we deliver activity to goals and standards, on time, on budget and to the Vested standard. You will be responsible for delivering results to the client, all elements of account management and for the account’s performance. You will supervise the Account Team ensuring they receive the guidance necessary to carry out their work efficiently and to the correct standard.
- Handling a number of accounts, developing solid working relationships with your clients through regular and pro-active contact.
- Managing the workload and development of Senior Account Executives, Account Executives, and Interns.
- Working on new business pitches as required.
- Actively demonstrating deep expertise on clients business and broader market/industry issues.
Media Specific Responsibilities
- Pitching clients from press releases, cold pitches, and feature synopses.
- Expanding journalist outreach into top tier press, and cultivating relationships with broader business and broadcast outlets.
- Managing interviews and follow up for broader business press.
Account Specific Responsibilities
- Managing junior staff to ensure PR activity is delivered efficiently, to deadline and budgets.
- Managing junior staff to ensure client reporting is carried out as required.
- Acting as the primary contact for client relationships, providing strategic guidance where necessary.
- Producing 12 month calendars for clients, and reviewing them on a regular basis during account meetings.
- Offering clients strategic/business-level consulting beyond the scope of the PR retainer.
- Reviewing all press releases, making suggestions to clients about how to create news.
- Acting as the primary contact for client’s clients. Conducting interviews, where appropriate to record case studies.
- Delivering ad hoc projects for clients (such as surveys, competitor reports, and advertising reports).
- Monitoring own time spent on account in line with the rest of the team.
- Devising new ideas/stories and selling in to clients.
- Developing key company messages.
- Writing the following: opinion pieces, award submissions, case studies.
- Keeping track of all ancillary costs (including press release fees and telecoms) and providing sufficient documentation about these fees to both the finance committee and the SAM.
Business Development Responsibilities
- Attending pitch meetings with senior staff, presenting on target audiences and media.
- Attending conferences, and liaising with prospective clients.
- Making recommendations to the sales teams about possible prospective clients.
- Attending all Vested marketing events, liaising with clients, and networking.
- Introducing appropriate Vested services to clients. Cross selling marketing services, and up-selling projects to retainers.
This position will ideally suit an individual with minimum 2 years agency experience. This is a perfect opportunity for a committed, enthusiastic and ambitious self-starter to manage a range of accounts across the finance industry. Applicants should have excellent media, copywriting and client skills and preferably experience in the financial/technology sector. Foreign language skills would be advantageous.
See Inside the Office of Vested
Vested is a new communications firm for a new financial industry. The company's integrated communications approach merges deep financial expertise with creativity and results. Over the last 15 years, Vested has worked with financial brands to make outsized impressions. Whether it’s managing clients’ social media profiles, PR programs, digital ad campaigns, or content marketing programs, Vested is focused on delivering outside-the-box results.
Back to top