Telematics Product Manager
If you’re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us! Verisk Analytics is a global supplier of risk assessment services and decision analytics for customers in a variety of markets, including insurance, healthcare, financial services, supply chain, and others. We’re a thriving public company with solid revenue growth and earnings and offices worldwide. And we’re continually looking for ways to augment our existing markets and expand into new markets with excellent growth potential. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
Verisk Insurance Solutions, a Verisk Analytics (Nasdaq:VRSK) business, has introduced Verisk Telematics Data ExchangeTM — the first-of-its-kind data link between insurers and consumers who drive connected cars. Consenting connected-car owners will have the option to contribute their driving data and seamlessly take advantage of insurers’ usage-based insurance (UBI) programs designed to reward them for how they drive. As Telematics Product Manager you’ll work closely with our VP, Telematics to transform the auto insurance industry and Auto UBI.
- Product Management- manages assigned telematics and UBI underwriting products. This includes pricing, contract structures, packaging and bundling, and enhancement strategies. The PM will be responsible for developing client materials, user guides, and training documents. The PM role will involve developing robust and detailed reports to understand and manage sales, revenue, and customer level results.
- Sales Support- support sales organization with materials, training, meeting support (SME), proposals, insights, customer conference management, competitive information, etc. The PM will also be involved with helping the new client testing and onboarding process. This will vary from customer to customer working closely with the operations team.
- Product Development- responsible for developing and maintaining a steady pipeline of new products and existing product enhancements related to assigned product groups
- Research and Industry Involvement- The PM is expected to be an expert in the personal auto insurance industry. This will require ongoing participation in industry events and conferences, competitive research, collaboration with business partners, and engagement with customers.
- Bachelors degree. Advanced degree or insurance designations (e.g. FCAS / ACAS or CPCU) preferred
- 3 to 7 years experience in pricing and in an underwriting or product management role with insurance company, vendor, or related.
- Direct experience managing a telematics UBI program for an insurer
- Strong analytic aptitude required. Must be able to assess and address complex business problems as well as understand detailed customer workflows in order to identify opportunities that include Verisk capabilities across the organization
- Insurance P&L ownership experience preferred
- Highly motivated with the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, revenue generating environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a professional demeanor. Must be able to communicate on a business and technical level.
- Strong familiarity with the auto P&C markets, Verisk products, and competitor’s offerings.
- Ability to travel (e.g. 20%) to Verisk offices, customers, business partners, and industry events.
- Sales & solution minded
- Experience with gathering and assessing competitive intelligence
- Proficient with MS Office suite including Excel
We offer an excellent compensation package. Our benefits package is competitive and includes full healthcare options, a 401(k) plan, and a generous Paid-Time-Off program.
Activation Date: Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Meet Some of Verisk Insurance Solutions's Employees
Manager, Analytical Data Management
Richard identifies the data quality needs and requirements of Verisk customers. He focuses on finding new ways to improve and increase the efficiency of data procedures.
Back to top