Senior QA Analyst
Verisk Insurance Solutions / Underwriting, a unit of Verisk Analytics (VRSK), provides technology rich solutions in Underwriting to the Property & Casualty insurance industry. These advanced analytical solutions address challenging problems related to risk and decision-making in Property & Casualty insurance underwriting. We combine vast data resources with cutting-edge technology to create innovative and technically rigorous solutions.
Verisk Analytics, a NASDAQ100 company, is a leading source of information about risk. We offer risk-assessment services and decision analytics to professionals in insurance, healthcare, mortgage, government, risk management, and other fields. In the United States and around the world, Verisk Analytics helps customers protect people, property, and financial assets. To learn more about Verisk Analytics and Verisk Insurance Solutions, please visit www.verisk.com and http://www.verisk.com/underwriting/ respectively.
About the Team
The work environment at Verisk Insurance Solutions is fast paced, fun, and informal. The work is challenging and rewarding and you will be working with a diverse group of highly professional individuals. We value and recognize excellent work, encourage innovative and creative thinking, yet also emphasize the importance of an appropriate work/life balance.
Our team is comprised of professionals with advanced degrees and experience in a variety of disciplines. This creates an exceptional opportunity for collaboration and growth by drawing upon the knowledge and experiences of a truly diverse and highly skilled team.
About the Position
Verisk is looking for a QA Analyst on our Quality Planning team to ensure that our products continue to be “category killers”. We are looking for an experienced QA analyst with the skills to build and improve QA best practices inside the team. If you are looking to join a team that is vital to the success of a market leader, this is the perfect opportunity for you. No prior product knowledge is required – we can train you on that, but you must be great at core QA competencies and testing software. Over time, we’d like you to emerge as a leader on the team: setting the example with consistently excellent work, and mentoring your peers.
What you’ll do on the job
- Join the Development’s agile team, attend their stand-ups, retrospectives, etc.
- Get assigned to stories
- Write, run, and automate test cases
- Find and log defects
- Confirm and sign off on defect fixes
- Lead escape planning sessions to improve processes
- Sign off on releases
- Create test data
- Evaluate usability and functionality
- Perform a variety of types of tests, such as performance, security, functional, integrated, UI, etc.
Skills and Desired Experience
- Minimum 2 years QA experience at a Technology company
- Agile experience and/or certifications a plus (SCRUM desired)
- Education in Computer Science or Engineering desirable
- JIRA experience
- Selenium, WebDriver, Cucumber experience
- Programming knowledge, particularly C# and SQL, experience desirable
- Virtualization experience desirable
- Excellent Communication skills (written and spoken) in English a must
- Time management, multi-tasking, managing competing priorities
- Experience scheduling internal and external meetings, using video conferencing, and running phone meetings
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Education: Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: CA – San Francisco
- Years of Experience: 2-3
Salary commensurate with qualifications. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible health and dependent care spending accounts, commute assistance, 401(k), and Paid Time Off (PTO).
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
Due to the volume of applications, we will not be able to respond to every applicant.
Expertise --Quality Assurance, Data Operations
Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Job Type Full Time
Location CA-San Francisco
Years of Experience 1-3 Years
Back to top