Risk Control/Fire Protection Engineer
Are you an experienced Risk Control professional with proven ability working in a fast-paced environment? Are you looking to utilize your knowledge in fire protection systems, building construction, loss control, and related discipline providing risk analysis, development of policies and practices, conduct research among others? Do you like working in a collaborative environment?
If you are looking to further your career in this field, we’d like to hear from you.
At Verisk, you can have a rewarding career with challenging and meaningful work, the chance to make a positive impact on the business, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business efforts will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package
As Risk Control Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Providing technical support and guidance for the development of new and enhanced products
- Providing support in the development of loss control policies and practices and assisting in the maintenance of associated technical resources
- Conducting research to discover methods, techniques, and/or sources of information related to fire ignition, and sustainment and extinguishment. Researches complex problems, and analyses various related approaches and implements the most effective solutions
- Maintaining awareness of emerging issues from a technical and product development perspective
- Analyzing and/or identifiying underlying principles, reasons, or facts associated with information or data to draw conclusions utilizing engineering knowledge and logic
- Working closely and effectively with the following key stakeholders: representatives from the property/casualty industry, municipal leaders, code officials, architects and engineers, governmental representatives, fire service personnel, and ISO staff members
- Preparing and presenting clear written and oral communications to external and internal audiences on technical issues
- 5 years or more experience in risk control with knowledge of the evaluation/design of fire protection systems, fundamentals of building construction and related resistance to fire and natural perils (wind, EQ, flood, etc.)
- Degree in fire protection or mechanical or civil engineering with some financial and accounting knowledge
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) designation, desireable.
- Working knowledge or familiarization with national building codes and standards (ICC), knowledge and understanding of fire and life safety codes including NFPA and other national industry standards (FM), and OSHA.
- Working knowledge of the basic processes of fire behavior, prediction of fire department, combustion of materials, effects on and performance of structures in a fire
- Knowledge related to the principles of fire water supply and hydraulic analysis with the ability to predict needed fire flows, with knowledge of emergency response and fire service standards and procedures
- Strong foundation in fire dynamics with knowledge of principles, methods, and practices of modern fire prevention, fire protection engineering, fire suppression activities, and new construction technology including fire protection and detection systems
- Knowledge of risk analysis techniques including predictive and analytic procedures for the assessment of hazards and probabilities with statistical analytic ability
- Experience in risk control concepts related to property insurance, workers compensation and liability issues
We are offering an excellent compensation package that includes short-term cash incentive. Our benefits package is competitive and includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, and a generous Paid-Time-Off program.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please click Submit Now to apply.
A leading source of information about risk, Verisk Analytics provides data, analytics, and decision-support services to professionals in many fields, including insurance, finance, real estate, health services, government, human resources, and risk management. Using advanced technologies to collect, analyze, develop, and deliver information, Verisk helps customers evaluate and manage risk. The company draws on vast expertise in actuarial science, insurance coverages, fire protection, fraud prevention, catastrophe and weather risk, predictive modeling, data management, economic forecasting, social and technological trends, and many other fields. See our website at www.verisk.com for information about our company. All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Location: NJ-Jersey City
Activation Date: Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Expiration Date: Saturday, January 28, 2017
Meet Some of Verisk Insurance Solutions's Employees
Manager, Analytical Data Management
Richard identifies the data quality needs and requirements of Verisk customers. He focuses on finding new ways to improve and increase the efficiency of data procedures.
Back to top