Linux Administrator I
We are the technical team behind the Personal Lines Underwriting team of Verisk Insurance Solutions, a unit of Verisk Analytics. We are currently looking for a Linux Administrator who is ready to support and expand enterprise class infrastructure as part of a mixed environment IT team with a heavy focus on DevOps methodology. In addition to maintaining and deploying systems, driving automation, and ensuring a best-in-class level of monitoring, you will help create and implement solutions for providing Big Data applications across multiple physical and cloud data centers. At Verisk, we value and recognize excellent work, encourage innovative thinking, and emphasize the importance of an appropriate work/life balance.
- Help manage RHEL solutions and directory services for multiple environments and domains
- Design, build, maintain, and performance tune Linux systems and other Linux-based applications
- Support systems automation and change management
- Modernize legacy systems and solutions where possible
- Develop and maintain documentation
- Work with development teams to ensure continuous IT support and standards maintenance throughout SDLC
- BS Degree in a related field or 4 years equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years experience as a Linux Admin
- CentOS/RHEL distributions
- Platform monitoring tools
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Automation experience with Puppet / Chef / Salt / Ansible
- Attention to detail and a drive to always make things better
Experience with the following is helpful
- Cassandra, Hadoop, SOLR, Spark and other big data technologies
- The Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, Stash/Bitbucket, etc.)
- Modern security standards and best practices
- Experience configuring and deploying platform management and monitoring tools
- Familiarity with the challenges of working with teams across multiple time zones
- Cloud IaaS and PaaS solutions from Azure and/or AWS
- Windows Domain integration projects
- Management of IT projects (either for a team or for sole-responsibility solutions)
Salary commensurate with qualifications. Annual performance-based bonus. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible health and dependent care spending accounts, commute assistance, 401(k), and Paid Time Off (PTO). Don’t worry – we’ll take care of you.
*Please note that we may not be able to respond to every applicant. Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
Verisk Analytics, a NASDAQ100 company, is a leading source of information about risk. Verisk offers risk-assessment services and decision analytics to professionals in insurance, healthcare, mortgage, government, risk management, and other fields. In the United States and around the world, Verisk helps customers protect people, property, and financial assets. To learn more about Verisk and Verisk Insurance Solutions, please visit http://www.verisk.com and http://www.verisk.com/insurance/underwriting-and-rating.html respectively.
Back to top