Financial Accountant II (VH)
Verscend Technologies (formerly Verisk Health) drives better healthcare outcomes through data analytics. Our payment accuracy, revenue integrity, risk assessment and stratification, and quality improvement solutions help organizations utilize their data so they can efficiently and cost-effectively succeed in the new era of healthcare. Learn more at www.Verscend.com.
Verscend is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are currently seeking applications in our South Jordan, UT office.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in finance/accounting or related industry required. Work experience may be substituted with education.
- Demonstrable competency with programs including Microsoft office and clerical software. Strong organizational, interpersonal, and Excel - skills are needed for this position. Navision or PeopleSoft software experience a plus.
- Ability to navigate and analyze data from multiple systems. Accuracy and attention to detail are a must.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills across departments and organizational levels.
- Ability to work with a high volume of transactions in a timely manner on deadlines. Ability to work over time.
Principal Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
Perform assigned accounting responsibilities and assist as needed:
- Billing and invoicing clients – Review charges set to bill for accuracy against client contracts. Generate custom invoices as needed. Deliver client invoices in both weekly and monthly frequencies in a timely manner, or as contractually obligated. Resolve billing disputes. Set up and maintain client account information.
- Reconciliations – Perform daily and monthly bank and credit card reconciliations. Research with internal agents or providers for any discrepancies on credit card payments.
- Resolution of client accounts - Ensure all payments from customers are processed in a timely manner and work with customers to ensure collection of past due balances as assigned. Answer questions via phone or email regarding customer/vendor resolutions and summarize customer account histories (payments, credits, etc.).
Accounts payable - Processing payments to vendors and providers. Ensure proper G/L coding of vendor invoices. Follow up with approvals requested for invoices. For provider payments, daily issuance of A/P checks
Perform reconciliations, journal entries, accruals and posting duties as directed. Managing and tracking of fixed assets.
- Help establish, maintain and ensure compliance with accounting, SOX, and company policies and procedures. Prepare reports, verify for accuracy and send to Managers and Controllers as directed.
- Research problems and present possible solutions to manager and execute approved solutions.
- Month end reporting and completion of SOX controls as assigned. Provide auditors required documentation as requested.
- Completes all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Expertise Accounting/Finance
- Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
- Job Type Full Time
- Location UT-South Jordan
- Years of Experience 3-5 Years
Back to top