DevOps Engineer UW
We are the technical team behind Verisk Insurance Solutions, a unit of Verisk Analytics. We are currently looking for DevOps Engineers to help deliver high-speed, always available applications to our customers.
The DevOps Engineer will work closely with our IT and development teams to drive our automated software deployment and maintenance activities. In this role, you will have the opportunity to build and maintain the deployment process for a variety of system architectures ranging from microservice APIs to Big Data analytics. You understand the value of continuous integration and want to deliver automation as a service. You have experience with writing scripts and with deploying code into a production environment. You are familiar with process automation and application monitoring tools, and you can see trends in key performance indicators.
At Verisk, we value and recognize excellent work, encourage innovative thinking, and emphasize the importance of an appropriate work/life balance.
- Work with teams to implement best DevOps practices
- Support software build and delivery through release management – such as continual improvement (CI) / continuous delivery (CD) processes
- Use automation tools and write scripts to handle tasks whenever possible
- Proactively monitor and triage production (.NET/Java web services) applications
- Help to identify, troubleshoot, and escalate technical issues in production and out of box failures
- BS Degree in a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- A good understanding of .NET and/or Java architectures, Web Services, Web servers, and the infrastructure necessary to support a highly available, web service based environment.
- Experience with new code deployments into a production environment, especially one practicing continuous integration
- Recent experience with any one of the following automated deployment tools: Puppet / Chef / Salt / Ansible
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Attention to detail and a drive to always make things better
- Experience with the following is a plus
Big data technologies
- Atlassian Stack: JIRA, Stash (Bitbucket Server), Fish Eye, Crucible, Bamboo
- Cloud IaaS and PaaS solutions from Azure and/or AWS
- Modern security standards and best practices
Salary commensurate with qualifications. Annual performance-based bonus. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible health and dependent care spending accounts, commute assistance, 401(k), and Paid Time Off (PTO).
Please note that we may not be able to respond to every applicant. Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
Verisk Analytics, a NASDAQ100 company, is a leading source of information about risk. Verisk offers risk-assessment services and decision analytics to professionals in insurance, healthcare, mortgage, government, risk management, and other fields. In the United States and around the world, Verisk helps customers protect people, property, and financial assets. To learn more about Verisk and Verisk Insurance Solutions, please visit http://www.verisk.com and http://www.verisk.com/insurance/underwriting-and-rating.html respectively.
Back to top