If you’re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us! Verisk Analytics is a global supplier of risk assessment services and decision analytics for customers in a variety of markets, including insurance, healthcare, financial services, supply chain, and others. We’re a thriving public company with solid revenue growth and earnings and offices worldwide. And we’re continually looking for ways to augment our existing markets and expand into new markets with excellent growth potential. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
Our Claims Analytics business is seeking an experienced Data Scientist to serve as a technical resource in the conception and development of new predictive modeling initiatives. *Candidates could work out of either Jersey City, NJ, Lehi, UT, San Francisco, North Reading, MA or Columbia, SC office.
- Acquire knowledge about the insurance business, claim analytics and advanced analytics by working with SMEs and key business areas
- Work in a collaborative and dynamic work environment providing recommendations to management on projects that deal with claim analytics and advanced analytical related concepts
- Build best in class analytical datasets by performing data cleansing, variable creation, variable transformation, etc.,
- Design and build machine learning & statistical models and conduct analyses at the appropriate level of complexity to produce relevant results for the business
- Under the direction of senior team members, execute needed business diagnostics to enable productization and deployment
- Provide input to team leadership on implementation specifications and production testing
- Keep abreast of business trends / product needs
- Research literature to stay current on technical methods to solve specific problems
- Graduate degree (M.S. required, Ph.D. preferred) in a quantitative discipline
- Experience building predictive and descriptive models
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques (e.g. – GLM/Regression, Boosting, Random Forest, Trees, Clustering, PCA, SVM, text mining, social network analysis etc.)
- Familiar with statistical packages in Spark ML-Lib, Python, R, or SAS
- Ability to program in Python, Scala, Spark, R, or SAS is highly desirable
- Understanding of RDBMs and interactive SQL programming skills
- Aptitude for picking up new technologies is expected
We offer an excellent compensation package. Our benefits package is competitive and includes full healthcare options, a 401(k) plan, and a generous Paid-Time-Off program.
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.
Location: CA-San Francisco, NJ-Jersey City, SC-Columbia, UT-Lehi
Activation Date: Monday, December 12, 2016
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 1, 2017
Meet Some of Verisk Insurance Solutions's Employees
Manager, Analytical Data Management
Richard identifies the data quality needs and requirements of Verisk customers. He focuses on finding new ways to improve and increase the efficiency of data procedures.
Back to top