Customer Strategy & Solutions Consultant
If you’re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us! Verisk Analytics is a global supplier of risk assessment services and decision analytics for customers in a variety of markets, including insurance, healthcare, financial services, supply chain, and others. We’re a thriving public company with solid revenue growth and earnings and offices worldwide. And we’re continually looking for ways to augment our existing markets and expand into new markets with excellent growth potential. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
ISO Solutions, the Property\Casualty cornerstone of the Verisk Analytics family of companies, is searching for a Customer Strategy and Solutions Consultant. We’re looking for a strategic thinker who is passionate about the business of insurance to engage with its largest customers, assess the business impacts of ISO’s core services and identify opportunities that respond to business needs. A key dimension of this position will be the ability to work with other leaders to define and champion strategic priorities that guide decision making. The successful candidate will bring a unique combination of leadership and relationship skills to navigate diverse business and customer needs as well as a strong understanding of multi-line property-casualty insurance. The selected candidate will apply a consultative approach to helping customers achieve the maximum benefit from ISO services, identify best practices and work with ISO business leaders to develop creative solutions to complex business problems. Entrepreneurs with 2 or more years of consulting experience are of particular interest.
ISO’s Customer Engagement team collaborates closely with customers and ISO business leaders to develop partnerships and create a foundation for innovation with customers and within ISO. The knowledge and insights from this discipline of continuous customer engagement is allowing ISO to improve processes and develop new products that help customers recognize maximum value and anticipate emerging market demands.
As a Customer Strategy and Solutions Consultant, you will be asked to use your wide array of P&C insurance pricing and coverage experience to understand customer business strategy and operations, help our customers realize the full value of ISO products, and identify new business opportunities. To these ends you will:
- develop peer-to-peer relationships with VP level executives at ISO’s largest customers
work as part of a cross functional team
- work closely with ISO business unit leaders to identify system or product enhancements, innovations, or new offerings based on customer needs or market trends
- identify or create opportunities, between customer problems and Verisk solutions
- develop account plans
- develop PowerPoint and other materials to guide executive level discussions
- recommend innovative solutions
- be willing/available to travel up to 35%
- undertake other projects as needed
The position will be located at the main ISO office in Jersey City, NJ. Remote locale is possible.
This is not a sales role.
- college degree or equivalent experience
- minimum eight years of property-casualty (P&C) technical/actuarial, coverage/line or underwriting experience (project management, product development, actuarial, rules and forms, etc.)
- relationship management, consulting and/or post-sales experience preferred; prior experience either in solution selling, account management etc. will also be useful
- excellent customer facing skills
- excellent written and oral communication skills, especially for communicating complex concepts
- strong problem-solving skills
- ability to manage multiple tasks and relationships simultaneously
- self-management and self-motivation
- ability to work individually and in close teams
- knowledge of ISO's core products from technical/actuarial or coverage/line perspectives is a plus.
- strong knowledge of insurance operations a plus
- insurance designations are a plus (ACAS, CAS, CPCU)
- proficient computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, SalesForce, etc.
Expertise --Project Management, --Applied Actuarial & Analytics/Product Development, --Business Intelligence/Customer Strategy, --Predictive Analytics, --Data Management/Data Development, --Data Analyst, --Client Services/Consulting, --Underwriting, --Product Development, --Account Executive, --Data Control, --Data Collection
Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Job Type Full Time
Location NJ-Jersey City
Years of Experience 5-8 Years
Back to top