Verisk has an amazing story to tell…Named to Forbes America’s Best Employers 2016 List and Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies 2015 List, Verisk is one of only 15 out of 500 companies to appear on both lists. Acknowledgment as a ‘best employer’ is a testament to the Verisk team around the world. At Verisk, you can build a rewarding career with challenging and meaningful work, create a positive, lasting impact on the business, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies and an excellent benefits package!
If you’re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us! Verisk Analytics is a global supplier of risk assessment services and decision analytics for customers in a variety of markets, including insurance, healthcare, financial services, supply chain, and others. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
The ISO Solutions unit of Verisk Insurance Solutions is looking for a Business Associate.
Title: Business Associate
Organizational Unit: ISO Solutions
Supervisory Responsibility: No
- Solid knowledge of advanced SQL, including stored procedures, is a must; knowledge of Greenplum/Postgres is a plus
- Comfortable working with structured data in various formats (fixed length, comma/tab delimited, SQL data, XML, XSLT, ACORD data format, JSON)
- Experience architecting & coding small to mid-size data transformation tools to be used in ETL workflows, including using .Net, C#, Python, and other fast development languages
- Experience in interpreting "raw" detailed written business rules, and converting those rules into data transformation code
- Have enough experience as a developer to help in setting up the standards/procedures for a new streamlined development group
- Have a very good understanding and experience of ETL processes and procedures; experience with Alteryx or any other data blending tool is a plus
- Solid knowledge of data mapping tools, data transformation tools and scripting languages such as Python, R, SAS or other tools
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office toolset (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required, Visio preferred)
- Working knowledge with any of the leading Business Intelligence tools (Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, QlickView)
- Experience with Wrike is a plus
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, and customer-service oriented
- Strong critical thinking, analytical skills
- Strong facilitation and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Being a team player (seeing the larger picture) while being able to work independently on the details; comfortable with seeking own answers
- Be able to be productive in a small, informal development group in a large established business environment
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, computer science, mathematics, or economics
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, including at least 1 year of data transformation or data mining experience using large and complex datasets
- Background in property/casualty insurance; knowledge of ISO statistical plan reporting is a plus
For more information visit us at www.verisk.com/careers
We are offering an excellent compensation package that includes short-term cash incentive. Our competitive benefits package includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, and generous Paid-Time-Off.
See our website at www.verisk.com for information about our company. All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Verisk Analytics, of which Verisk Insurance Solutions is a division, was ranked by Forbes as the 18th most innovative company in the world. See announcement @ http://www.verisk.com/press-releases-verisk/2015/august-2015/forbes-ranks-verisk-analytics-18th-most-innovative-company-in-the-world.html
Verisk Analytics has also been named to join the S&P 500in 2015. See announcement @ http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-01/verisk-jumps-after-being-named-to-replace-joy-global-in-s-p-500
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.
- Expertise Actuarial/Analytics
- Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
- Job Type Full Time
- Location NJ-Jersey City
- Years of Experience 3-5 Years
Back to top