Actuarial / Business Associate
The Analytical Data Management (ADM) division is ISO's data refinery, ensuring that ISO's analytical engines are properly fueled. The ISO Solutions unit of Verisk Insurance Solutions is seeking an Actuarial Associate or Business Associate in ADM with a focus on the casualty lines of business.
Your purpose is to mentor team members and collaborate with key stakeholders to improve data quality processes and workflows for several lines of business. You will also have an opportunity to contribute to staff development plans, goal-setting and performance evaluations.
You will work within a Shared Services model, where you will collaborate across Analytical Data Management and with Actuarial Operations, Actuarial Procedures, Actuarial Products and Data Products to coordinate data management support for key ISO Solutions functions that may include the data preparation for loss cost reviews, increased limits reviews and data products. Your responsibilities include:
- Use modern technology, statistical analysis and data science to streamline line of business specific processes while maintaining high data quality.
- Support team members in adapting to change and increasing effectiveness through innovation.
- Lead team members in using existing tools to review the quality of data submitted by insurance companies.
- Develop more efficient, automated ways to improve data quality and error detection processes.
- Use predictive models to enhance data quality effectiveness.
- Help respond to questions about insurers data.
- Provide suggestions for improvements in data quality review procedures.
- Lead efforts in maintaining and updating ISO’s statistical databases.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Professional designation (ACAS, CPCU, AIDM) preferred.
- Good communication skills (both oral and written) are required.
- Demonstrated experience with data quality and data management techniques required.
- Experience with multiple database structures and environments preferred.
- Experience supervising or leading teams with a strong record of building great internal or external customer relationships that focuses on gaining actionable insights and forming collaborative partnerships with the goal of innovation, product improvement, or ease of use.
- Experience in pro-active, effective performance management and staff development, as well as facilitation of a motivated, empowered work culture within your team.
- Embraces pro-active problem resolution.
- Experience with statistical techniques for data preparation and review is ideal.
- Minimum of six years P&C actuarial and/or data management experience desired.
Experience with programming languages such as VBA, SAS, SQL, R is preferred.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Ability to work on several projects concurrently.
You will be part of a culture that celebrates success, recognizes and rewards achievements and excellence, and provides personal and professional enrichment opportunities.
Back to top