Do you like working with data? Does the idea of working with intelligent, team oriented individuals excite you? Our analysts deal with data; data management and data analysis. This contributes to our ability to prepare, data reviews, regulatory filings and compilations in a timely and accurate manner for submission to state insurance departments and ISO affiliates. You will have the opportunity to utilize your skills in Excel and use complicated, yet useful tools like SQL and VBA.
We hope your communication skills are a part of the balance you bring to the table because responding to questions from customers (internal and external) and regulators on filings, circulars and other ISO products may be a part of your day to day job.
However, it’s not just about what we do. It’s about what you do that can help us be a better company. We will look to you to do research and provide your findings into how we can improve our processes and procedures.
- Perform analysis of large data sets to assure the quality of all products and filings.
- Collaborate with other divisions regarding regulatory data needs.
- Preparation of AIPSO ratemaking and data compilations.
- Preparation of annual Statistical Agent filings and other compilations required by insurance regulators.
- Detailed data reviews, both on transactional and aggregate levels.
- Writing and running computer programs to extract data for review and report compilation.
- Interaction with ISO’s insurer customers and other organizations regarding data review prior to submission to regulators and state insurance departments.
- Supervise data review and generation of statistical filings and compilations.
The salary grade for this position can range from 13-16, depending on your qualifications.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, data analytics or a related field.
- Hands on experience with programming languages (e.g., SQL, VBA, etc.).
- Passion for problem solving.
- Prefer at least 2 years experience working in property and casualty insurance and/or other data management related field.
- Professional insurance exams a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints and adjust plans in the face of changing priorities.
- Continued desire and ability to learn.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please submit your application by hitting “Submit Now”.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits package which includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, and generous Paid-Time-Off.
Visit our website at www.verisk.com to learn more about our company. All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Verisk Analytics, of which Verisk Insurance Solutions is a division, was ranked by Forbes as the 18th most innovative company in the world. See announcement @ http://www.verisk.com/press-releases-verisk/2015/august-2015/forbes-ranks-verisk-analytics-18th-most-innovative-company-in-the-world.html
Verisk Analytics has also been named to join the S&P 500in 2015. See announcement @ http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-01/verisk-jumps-after-being-named-to-replace-joy-global-in-s-p-500
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.
Location: NJ-Jersey City
Activation Date: Wednesday, December 21, 2016
Expiration Date: Tuesday, February 7, 2017
Meet Some of Verisk Insurance Solutions's Employees
Manager, Analytical Data Management
Richard identifies the data quality needs and requirements of Verisk customers. He focuses on finding new ways to improve and increase the efficiency of data procedures.
Back to top