Verisk has an amazing story to tell…Named to Forbes America’s Best Employers 2016 List and Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies 2015 List, Verisk is one of only 15 out of 500 companies to appear on both lists. Acknowledgment as a ‘best employer’ is a testament to the Verisk team around the world. At Verisk, you can build a rewarding career with challenging and meaningful work, create a positive, lasting impact on the business, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies and an excellent benefits package!
If you’re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us!
Verisk Analytics is a global supplier of risk assessment services and decision analytics for customers in a variety of markets, including insurance, healthcare, financial services, supply chain, and others. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
The Analytical Data Management (ADM) division is ISO’s data refinery, ensuring that ISO’s analytical engines are properly fueled. As an analyst in ADM you will help our customers provide quality data, so ISO can provide them quality products. You will apply actuarial, data science and analytical skills, as well as big data technology, with the purpose of building innovative, automated processes for enhancing data quality. You will seek to improve your understanding of property casualty insurance through work experience, CAS, CPCU, or IDMA studies. You will strive to help our team operate efficiently through centralization and standardization of processes, and you will work proactively to address our customers’ questions and concerns about data quality.
Title: Actuarial Analyst
Organizational Unit: ISO Solutions
Supervisory Responsibility: No
- Use existing tools to review the quality of data submitted by insurance companies.
- Develop more efficient, automated ways to improve data quality and error detection processes.
- Use predictive models to develop data quality scores.
- Help respond to questions about insurers data.
- Provide suggestions for improvements in data quality review procedures.
- Make presentations on data quality and data management topics to insurers who report data to us and ISO users of data.
- Collaborate with other ISO divisions (actuarial, analytical and technology) to develop new data quality procedures and corrected databases.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College degree with major in mathematics, actuarial science, economics or related field.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work on several projects concurrently.
- Passing of at least one actuarial exam.
- Some familiarity with insurance coverages, actuarial methodologies, and quality control.
- Technical background should include a working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of ETL tools, Business Rules Engines, SQL, SAS, or R is a plus.
- Data management skills or knowledge of insurance data management principles is a plus.
- Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
You will be part of a culture that celebrates success, recognizes and rewards achievements and excellence, and provides personal and professional enrichment opportunities.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please submit your application by hitting “Submit Now”.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits package which includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, and generous Paid-Time-Off.
Visit our website at www.verisk.com to learn more about our company. All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Verisk Analytics, of which Verisk Insurance Solutions is a division, was ranked by Forbes as the 18th most innovative company in the world. See announcement @ http://www.verisk.com/press-releases-verisk/2015/august-2015/forbes-ranks-verisk-analytics-18th-most-innovative-company-in-the-world.html
Verisk Analytics has also been named to join the S&P 500in 2015. See announcement @ http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-01/verisk-jumps-after-being-named-to-replace-joy-global-in-s-p-500
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.
Location: NJ-Jersey City
Activation Date: Wednesday, December 21, 2016
Expiration Date: Saturday, February 4, 2017
Meet Some of Verisk Insurance Solutions's Employees
Manager, Analytical Data Management
Richard identifies the data quality needs and requirements of Verisk customers. He focuses on finding new ways to improve and increase the efficiency of data procedures.
Back to top