Are you a CPA track, recent Accounting grad looking to work in a fast paced publicly traded company? If you’ve got a solid understanding o f US GAAP, and are ready to apply it, please read on…
Verisk’s accounting team needs a diligent and motivated accountant, like you, to work with a team of key leaders, responsible for driving the execution and enhancement of the company's policies and procedures. If you’re interested in learning complex accounting issues while gaining hands on professional experience - we want to talk to you!
As Accountant, your key responsibilities will include analyzing and reconciling all Verisk and subsidiary depository and disbursement bank accounts. You’ll be tasked with implementing a new process of reconciling cash in an automated fashion by leveraging information from PeopleSoft and the Bank. Additional responsibilities include creating and inputting journal entries into the PeopleSoft GL system and administration and execution of the wire transfer and EFT processes.
At Verisk, you can have a rewarding career with challenging and meaningful work, the chance to make a positive impact on the business, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities, and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business efforts will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package!
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials and/or large accounting system a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel-extensive knowledge of Pivot Table / Chart, Macros, etc)
- Excellent communication / documentation skills (oral and written)
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Detail oriented, meticulous and extremely diligent
- Excellent client service, team work and diplomacy skills
- Adaptable to a fast paced environment
- We are offering an excellent compensation package. Our benefits package is competitive and includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, and a generous Paid-Time-Off program.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please click submit now to apply.
A leading source of information about risk, Verisk Analytics provides data, analytics, and decision-support services to professionals in many fields, including insurance, finance, real estate, health services, government, human resources, and risk management. Using advanced technologies to collect, analyze, develop, and deliver information, Verisk helps customers evaluate and manage risk. The company draws on vast expertise in actuarial science, insurance coverages, fire protection, fraud prevention, catastrophe and weather risk, predictive modeling, data management, economic forecasting, social and technological trends, and many other fields. See our website at www.verisk.com for information about our company. All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers.
- Expertise --Accounting
- Education Bachelors
- Job Type Full Time
- Location NJ-Jersey City
- Years of Experience 0-1 Year
Back to top