- Mountain View, CA
Verb Surgical - a Google and Johnson and Johnson joint venture!
Verb Software Engineers develop next-generation technologies that drastically improve the surgical experience for surgeons, hospital staff and patients both inside and outside the operating room.
We're looking for experienced software engineers with strong C++ programming skills to help us continue developing our subsystem software, tools and frameworks. This individual will be working alongside team members who together are changing the face of health care and robotic surgery.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other R&D teams
- Debug a complex, multi-process, distributed system.
- Develop APIs for use by external systems
- Design, and implement interfaces for data exchange with other systems
- Write application and service software components and processes
- Examples: logging, intra system messaging, user interface, FPGA programs
- Implement safety critical designs that detect errors, fail safely and have the necessary redundancy to minimize risks.
- Design and implement subsystem components to mitigate system level risks
Experience and Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in software product development
- Demonstrated programming in C and C++ in a production environment
- Experience writing multi-process and multi-threaded software with practical knowledge of how this software can fail
- Experience with software configuration management systems, such as Subversion and Git
- Knowledge and experience with Linux drivers is a plus
Physical Demand: No physical demands required.
Who is Verb Surgical?
Verb Surgical™ is shaping the future of surgery. A new future, a future unimagined even a few years ago, which will involve machine learning, robotic surgery, instrumentation, advanced visualization, and data analytics. A future of surgery that aims to achieve improved patient outcomes, lower costs, and greater hospital efficiency.
Verb Surgical was founded with technology, expertise, and funding from Verily (formerly Google Life Sciences) and Ethicon, a medical device company in the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. This company will continue in strong partnership with Verily and Johnson & Johnson (Google and Johnson & Johnson Team for Robotic Surgery) to advance the surgical tools and capabilities available to surgeons and OR professionals today.
Back to top