Senior NPI Test Engineer
- Mountain View, CA
Senior NPI Test Engineer - Robotic Hardware
Verb Surgical - A Google and Johnson & Johnson Joint Venture
Verb Surgical™ is working with physicians around the world to create the future of surgery. A new future, a future unimagined even a few years ago, which will involve machine learning, robotic surgery, instrumentation, advanced visualization, and data analytics. A future of surgery that aims to achieve improved patient outcomes, lower costs, and greater hospital efficiency.
To help create the future of surgery, we are building a best-in-class team and are looking for an experienced Test Engineer to develop tools and processes that help to ensure Verb designs and devices produce great patient outcomes. Successful candidate will lead the design and development of manufacturing tests for robotic hardware and software.
Professional Experience/Background to be successful in this role:
- BS in EE or Computer Science
- 3-5 plus years experience as a test engineer for medical devices or complex electro-mechanical capital equipment
- Architect overall test strategy for a complex medical robotics system
- Own development of factory test processes from component-level to overall robotic system
- Working in development teams, author testability requirements, and analyze hardware and software designs for adequate observability and test coverage
- Hold formal technical reviews with stakeholders to release test fixtures, procedures, and test scripts
- Document test procedures, fixtures, and process validation for medical device testing
- Develop modular test scripts to automate test data collection and analysis
- Strong level of ownership, accountability, and drive for exceeding expectations
- Bias towards action, great sense of accuracy, and perform well under pressure
- 3 months: knowledgeable of overall test strategy
- 6-12 months: ownership of implementation of test program
Who is Verb Surgical?
Verb Surgical™ is shaping the future of surgery. A new future, a future unimagined even a few years ago, which will involve machine learning, robotic surgery, instrumentation, advanced visualization, and data analytics. A future of surgery that aims to achieve improved patient outcomes, lower costs, and greater hospital efficiency.
Verb Surgical was founded with technology, expertise, and funding from Verily (formerly Google Life Sciences) and Ethicon, a medical device company in the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. This company will continue in strong partnership with Verily and Johnson & Johnson (Google and Johnson & Johnson Team for Robotic Surgery) to advance the surgical tools and capabilities available to surgeons and OR professionals today.
Back to top