Senior Corporate Counsel
- Mountain View, CA
Senior Corporate Counsel
Verb Surgical - a Google and Johnson and Johnson joint venture!
Verb is seeking a Senior Corporate Counsel to support the commercial work of its digital surgery and surgical robot platform to create the future of surgery. The ideal candidate will have strong and demonstrated leadership as well as communication skills, diverse contracting and transactional experience, the ability to work in a team setting and the experience to advise on issues in multiple areas of law.
This individual will advise R&D staff and business leaders on the various legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to commercial deals. The position requires a diligent and proactive individual with excellent business judgment and strategic thinking, along with the ability to work independently at times and collaboratively in a tight-knit, fast-paced start-up environment. This individual must be flexible and willing to undertake a wide variety of legal agreements.
- Review, draft and negotiate in and out-bound agreements for a variety of services and products, with an emphasis on supply agreements, manufacturing, and software development services.
- Render advice to business/engineering teams on day to day legal issues and questions.
- Resolve legal issues, provide proactive legal advice and manage high risk, high complexity matters under guidance of more senior attorneys.
- Anticipate internal/external business and regulatory issues and provides applicable legal advice.
- Assist with the continuous development and improvement of the legal team and its processes.
- Advise key business and legal leaders on issues of concern to Verb.
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree
- California Bar Registration
- 7+ years of in-house legal experience, preferably in medical device, healthcare software or related industries.
- Demonstrated experience advising all levels of clients on a wide variety of legal issues, including: software, cloud and medical devices.
- Strong commercial contracting background.
- Demonstrated understanding of the laws, regulations, standards, and guidance governing the conduct of a medical device company.
- Leadership and ability to see and handle more than the legal issues of a project; strong, pragmatic business acumen with the ability to recognize the business consequences of legal advice; a strategic and innovative thinker who can develop and articulate a clear understanding of the company's strategy from all perspectives and find creative solutions to complex legal problems.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with leaders and co-workers at all levels.
Physical Demand: No physical demands required.
Who is Verb Surgical?
Verb Surgical™ is shaping the future of surgery. A new future, a future unimagined even a few years ago, which will involve machine learning, robotic surgery, instrumentation, advanced visualization, and data analytics. A future of surgery that aims to achieve improved patient outcomes, lower costs, and greater hospital efficiency.
Verb Surgical was founded with technology, expertise, and funding from Verily (formerly Google Life Sciences) and Ethicon, a medical device company in the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. This company will continue in strong partnership with Verily and Johnson & Johnson (Google and Johnson & Johnson Team for Robotic Surgery) to advance the surgical tools and capabilities available to surgeons and OR professionals today.
Back to top