Pre-Clinical Laboratory Director
Verb Surgical - a Google and Johnson and Johnson joint venture!
This is a hands-on role within the Clinical Engineering team and represents a unique opportunity to operate within a highly focused pre-clinical studies group to manage laboratory operations to support the development of Verb Surgical's highly innovative digital surgery platform. This position is a full-time.
Professional Experience/Skills/Background to be successful in this role:
- Technical Experience managing the operations of a pre-clinical laboratory, operating room or veterinary office.
- Familiarity with medical device research environment
- Familiarity with managing operating room equipment, maintenance scheduling, supplies and inventory control, and documentation
- Experience in GLP-compliant pre-clinical environment is desirable
- Previous attendance of clinical surgical cases in the operating room is desirable
- Experience in design control processes for medical device performance testing and development is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned
Education/ Training/ Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline with a minimum of 3 years of pre-clinical, veterinary or clinical laboratory experience managing laboratory operations
- Project management experience preferred
- Training in GLP study compliance is desirable
- Support procedure room activities
- Ability to manage inventories of laboratory supplies
- Understanding of clinical anatomy and surgical methods is desirable
- Follow GLP Regulations
- Support pre-clinical testing and assist in developing pre-clinical research protocols and reports
- Assists with organization of pre-clinical study documents including protocols and data to be used in report generation
- Ability to travel approximately 10%
- Ability to lift 25lb
- Able to benefit the functional metrics of the research laboratory within the first 30 days.
Who is Verb Surgical?
Verb Surgical™ is shaping the future of surgery. A new future, a future unimagined even a few years ago, which will involve machine learning, robotic surgery, instrumentation, advanced visualization, and data analytics. A future of surgery that aims to achieve improved patient outcomes, lower costs, and greater hospital efficiency.
Verb Surgical was founded with technology, expertise, and funding from Verily (formerly Google Life Sciences) and Ethicon, a medical device company in the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. This company will continue in strong partnership with Verily and Johnson & Johnson (Google and Johnson & Johnson Team for Robotic Surgery) to advance the surgical tools and capabilities available to surgeons and OR professionals today.