- Mountain View, CA
Verb Surgical - A Google and Johnson & Johnson joint venture
The precision assembler will assemble and test Verb Surgical mechanical assemblies to specifications based on schematics, blueprints, MPI's and engineering instructions. This individual will work across teams, primarily with mechanical engineering and manufacturing.
- Assemble products in accordance with standard work instructions, MPIs, and prints
- Tests functional performance of completed assemblies using established procedures and test protocols
- Operate and set up production equipment and fixtures
- Facilitate preparation work such as line clearance, cycle counting and verifying equipment maintenance and calibrations dates.
- Perform inspections, repairs or reworks of their own and/or other's work
- Ensure accuracy of documentation. Initiate basic material requests. Report quality or efficiency issues as needed
- Maintain accuracy of material transactions and cycle count raw material, sub-assemblies and work-in-progress material on the line. Accurately determine and report shortages to the Production Supervisor
- Follow all corporate, regulatory, safety and production policies and procedures
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic Math Skills
- Moderate knowledge of general manufacturing
- Mechanical aptitude
- 2-4 years experience with precision assembly
- Ability to understand mechanical drawings and technical writing
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments; micrometers, calipers and dial indicators
- Work with small groups or on own with little supervision
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Trade school, junior college certification in appropriate program or military specialist training
- Using personal protective equipment to perform work when required
- Lifting and moving products up to 35 lbs. in weight
- Bending, reaching above the head, kneeling, crouching, and/or stretching during the duration of a shift
- Pushing and pulling product up to 35 lbs. in weight during the duration of a shift
- Manual dexterity of both hands and wrists
Who is Verb Surgical?
Verb Surgical™ is shaping the future of surgery. A new future, a future unimagined even a few years ago, which will involve machine learning, robotic surgery, instrumentation, advanced visualization, and data analytics. A future of surgery that aims to achieve improved patient outcomes, lower costs, and greater hospital efficiency.
Verb Surgical was founded with technology, expertise, and funding from Verily (formerly Google Life Sciences) and Ethicon, a medical device company in the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. This company will continue in strong partnership with Verily and Johnson & Johnson (Google and Johnson & Johnson Team for Robotic Surgery) to advance the surgical tools and capabilities available to surgeons and OR professionals today.
Back to top