- Mountain View, CA
Verb Surgical - A Google and Johnson & Johnson Joint Venture
The Verb Finance group works very closely with Verb business leaders to support critical business strategies and decision making through the development and delivery of financial analytics and business insights.
Verb is looking for a Financial Analyst who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves to make a difference in a fast-growing environment. As the lead for financial systems and reporting, you will be responsible for building out robust, system-generated reports as well as be the administrator for Verb's planning and expense management tools. You will partner with IT to assist in finance systems implementations and the Accounting Manager to elevate current reporting standards.
The Financial Analyst also supports the budgeting, forecasting and day-to-day management of the R&D department budgets under the supervision of the Senior Financial Analyst. You will collaborate closely with department heads to maintain a strong relationship between Finance and the business.
The role will have broad exposure to all finance processes in the company ranging from accounting, financial planning and analysis, management reporting, and financial systems. You will support the finance organization in process improvement and controls to ensure compliant, timely, and accurate reporting.
Professional Experience/Background to be successful in this role:
- A degree in Finance or Accounting is required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Finance or Accounting
- Demonstrated business partnering history and experience
- Highly skilled in financial systems and financial report creation
- Detailed knowledge of US GAAP principles
- Professional certification CFA, CPA or CMA preferred
- Experience in the Healthcare industry, particularly Medical Devices preferred
- Advanced MS Excel and Powerpoint (G Suite experience a plus)
Candidate should possess the following:
- Strong level of ownership, accountability, and drive for exceeding expectations
- Bias towards action, great sense of accuracy and perform well under pressure
- Excellent communication, time management, business acumen, and finance skills
- Ability to listen, interpret, influence, negotiate, and challenge are all vital to the role
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional environment and build support across all levels of the organization
- Comfortable working in ambiguous situations. Ability to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Naturally inquisitive with a desire to understand a broad range of issues, bringing these factors to life for leadership and explaining the relevant context
- Strengths in project management and organization
- Ability to effectively take on leadership roles in various functions
- Hands-on and excited about building out the finance function for a high-growth company
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare budget, forecast updates, and latest thinking
- Succinctly communicate potential risks for meeting expected results and propose solutions
- Lead monthly financial reviews with Applied Research and Verb Digital business partners to influence and drive key decisions
- Provide financial systems support (ERP, Concur, Carta, etc.)
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly financial close (Accruals, Reconciliations, etc.)
- Drive assessment, preparation, and presentation of financial analysis and management reporting to finance leadership
- Assist in the development and refinement of Standard Operating Procedures
- Tie key operational deliverables to financial planning
- Ad hoc projects as required
Who is Verb Surgical?
Verb Surgical™ is shaping the future of surgery. A new future, a future unimagined even a few years ago, which will involve machine learning, robotic surgery, instrumentation, advanced visualization, and data analytics. A future of surgery that aims to achieve improved patient outcomes, lower costs, and greater hospital efficiency.
Verb Surgical was founded with technology, expertise, and funding from Verily (formerly Google Life Sciences) and Ethicon, a medical device company in the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. This company will continue in strong partnership with Verily and Johnson & Johnson (Google and Johnson & Johnson Team for Robotic Surgery) to advance the surgical tools and capabilities available to surgeons and OR professionals today.
Back to top