Legal Transcription Specialist
- New York, NY
At Verbit, our people are at the heart of what we do. We place a lot of importance on finding the best of the best to create, manage, market and sell our cutting-edge AI platform that is revolutionizing the transcription and captioning industry.
We're hiring a Legal Transcriptionistto become a key player on our transcriptionteam. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Transcribe and monitor legal transcription files
- Coordinate customer needs that affect operational decisions and business requirements on a day to day basis.
- Supervise submitted transcription to ensure accuracy
- Assist in guiding, mentoring and training new legal transcribers
What you bring
- Demonstrate advanced competency in and experience with U.S. legal proceedings and terminology
- At least one year of transcription experience
- Typing speed of 65 WPM or more - a plus
- Background in linguistics, criminal justice, law, proofreading, or editing a plus but not required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- AAERT CET or CER certification a plus but not required
- NCRA RPR certification is a huge plus but not required
- Native English speaker
Why Choose Verbit?
Working at Verbit means joining a group of motivated and diverse individuals. Seriously, we have people from all over the world, including Israel, US, Canada, UK, Colombia, Venezuela, South Africa, Ukraine - and that's just the shortlist! We're all in this together. We all care deeply about our own personal projects and the big picture too. If you're up for it, Verbit will help you not only achieve, but exceed your career goals. If this sounds like something you're into, Verbit is the place for you!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Back to top