Sr. Art Director
Under the direction of the VP, Creative Marketing, and following the creative vision of the Company’s Co-Founder, develop and execute strategic direction across the organization by designing direct marketing, in-store, events and trade targeted materials that promote Vera Bradley products and increase sales revenue. Maintain, expand, and protect the Vera Bradley brand image, keeping it fresh, up-to-date and in accordance with corporate and strategic goals. Collaborate with marketing, digital ,management and digital creative teams to visually execute promotions and campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conceptualize and direct digital marketing creative (design and copy) for Vera Bradley and its external partners, in order to attract new shoppers and retain loyal consumers
- Responsible for collaborating with others within the company as well as outside advertising, marketing, premedia and production agencies to define and produce company strategies executing through direct mail (catalogs, mailers), in-store (POP, displays, etc.), events (presentations, programs, overall look & feel of event) and trade (all media) creative projects
- Lead Vera Bradley’s creative efforts on its social media properties, including Vera Bradley’s blog
- Lead the conceptualization and development of fresh visual and copy direction that continually evolves the customer’s user experience
- Work with the Digital Leadership team to identify seasonal photography and video needs that support upcoming campaigns
- Collaborate with Co-Founder and Chief Creative Officer, EVP, Creative Marketing Officer and the Product Development Team on photo shoot coordination and direction
- Develop web photography concepts and art direct photo shoots as needed
- Communicate the vision for seasonal digital marketing campaigns to the creative and copy teams
- Manage the digital marketing creative process and provide direction to the creative team, including digital designers, production artists and copywriters
- Collaborate with internal team of web designers, marketing managers, copywriters and photographers to achieve milestones on time, and to ensure all communications are consistent with the Vera Bradley brand
- Proactively research other ecommerce and content-rich brand websites, both inside and outside of Vera Bradley’s competitive set, to stay abreast of how others are meeting their business and branding objectives
- Protect the Vera Bradley brand image, integrity and consistency wherever and however it appears internally, publicly and electronically, maintaining a defined set of graphic standards
- Provide daily direction and leadership to the Creative Team to foster open communication and a strong team environment while ensuring business goals and objectives are achieved
- Manage the coaching and development of the creative team
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Arts degree in marketing or fine arts with an emphasis on digital design, interactive media or equivalent
- 5+ years experience with advertising agency or corporate marketing department working as an Creative Director, Sr. Art Director or Art Director
- Experience developing consumer and trade direct marketing materials
- Fashion, home fashion retail advertising experience a plus
- Previous management experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels in the organization with the proven ability to set and communicate team priorities
- Collaborative, while able to influence, lead and build productive cross-functional relationships
- Strong team player with excellent leadership and managerial skills
- Understands internal and external customer trends and anticipates needs; assesses industry trends and identifies new solutions, products and/or services
- Exceptional organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize workload, and concurrently manage multiple projects
- Embraces change and continues to deliver expected results; helps and motivate others in the face of change, setbacks and constraints.
- Leading others to solve complex problems with the ability to take a broad perspective on existing solutions
- Recommends best practices and utilizes industry knowledge to improve products, processes and services
- Makes decisions guided by policies in non-standard situations with the ability to influence others to adopt a different point of view
- High level of analytical thinking
- Ability to guide others through training and development feedback; helps create realistic career plans.
- Supports talent and workforce planning strategies that align with business goals.
- Outstanding creativity in layout and design
- Strong background in promotion and marketing strategies
- Strong presentation skills
- Willingness to travel
- Strong appreciation for web design, branding, digital marketing, user experience, functionality, information architecture, typography and color
- Solid understanding of web standards and best practices
- Strong Macintosh computer skills with the ability to utilize Microsoft Office software
- Ability to write HTML and CSS
- Ability to produce cross-browser, cross-platform, standards-compliant, CSS-driven layouts from Photoshop concepts
- Technically proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
- Knowledge of optimizing graphics for the web
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment. Utilizing an office desk – sitting, reading, listening, or speaking with the ability to move intermittently throughout the day
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
- Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, and phones
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment application process, please send an e-mail to [email protected]. Please include the accommodation you are requesting and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation and other EEO/Affirmative Action issues will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top