ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
This is in our NORTHEAST TERRITORY
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meet quarterly and annual goals for sales, program participation and other company initiatives
- Ensure proper visual standards are being adhered to
- Create a service distinction with our retail partners through detailed account planning, educational support, assistance in leveraging marketing programs and in-store events
- Identify and cultivate new account opportunities and establish a pipeline of prospects in order to meet growth targets, through customer relationships, cold calling, presentations, and referral generation, cross-selling and networking
- Possess a thorough understanding of the marketplace (competitor information, market opportunities, market trends, etc.)
- Represent the company at markets and other major selling events
- Evaluate, summarize and share with management successful sales activities, sales trends, special account information or issues and any follow-up action needed
- Provide a high level of customer service while simultaneously managing multiple projects and tasks for a variety of accounts and situations
- Develop and continually improve product knowledge, sales skills and competitive intelligence to drive business growth in assigned territory
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate. Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, business or related field preferred
- 3-5 years sales experience. Wholesale gift or fashion apparel industry preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven results attaining sales goals including quota attainment, solid prospecting skills, and territory management methodology
- Proven track record of developing new accounts and growing sales with existing customers
- Demonstrated proficiency with office productivity tools (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and experience utilizing sales order entry/territory management software preferred
- Strong customer service skills and demonstrated resourcefulness, confidence under pressure, ability to manage customer expectations, resolve issues in a positive manner and effectively communicate change
- Driven, proactive, innovative, flexible and organized in thoughts and actions with a strong sense of initiative and ownership
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high level of initiative and integrity
- Team player
- High level of energy and enthusiasm coupled with a professional image
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office and retail environment
- Valid driver’s license with good motor vehicle record. Must be 21 years of age and must carry company mandated liability limits.
- Utilize an office desk – sitting, reading, listening, or speaking with the ability to move intermittently throughout the day
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Frequent travel to visit retailers within territory and attend gift shows as needed
- Frequent overnight travel required as necessary (4-6 nights per month)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Vera Bradley’s Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policy
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in Spanish)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (Supplement)
E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment application process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] Please include the accommodation you are requesting and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation and other EEO/Affirmative Action issues will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top