Retail Operations Specialist
Identify gaps and provide areas of opportunity for process improvement in Store Operations. Effectively communicate with all store sales team members, through managing related news and information, internal communications, and other sales focused messaging. Provide Analytics, maintenance, training and continuous improvement on all SEAM and POS Solutions to drive sales and operational effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage and gatekeep documents via Vera Bradley Sharepoint site and the SEAM
- Possess a thorough understanding of the marketplace (field needs, competiton and market opportunities, trends, etc.)
- Manage and coordinate timely meetings with sales team to introduce new tests/releases/products to drive sales
- Evaluate, summarize and share with management successful sales activities, sales trends, information or issues and any follow-up action needed
- Represent company at sales events, or company sponsored meetings. Develop and document internal sales processes and procedures including identifying areas of weakness and implementing changes for process improvement
- Gather and compile, all relevant information for the field sales teams. Receive, research, and respond to questions from the field and requests to include clarification about operational processes, objectives, and goals.
- Manage store sales and communication effectiveness and advise field on ways to drive more efficiency and sales
- Collaborate with other functional areas to develop new Operational processes, tools, and procedures to assist the field in delivering on their goals. (ex; POS functions, Ops Manual, Promotions Implementation)
- Communicate Sales Key Dates to ensure stores meet deadlines for internal and external planning (ex; launch support, catalogs and all other sales support needs)
- Create and present various meeting, contest and training presentations to enhance sales force
- Refine and continuously look for ways to improve all store processes
- Ongoing research and clarification about operational processes, objectives, and goals.
- Collaborate with other functional areas to develop new operational processes, tools, and procedures to assist the field in delivering on their goals. (ex; POS functions, Ops Manual, Promotions Implementation)
- Create or assist with special projects as needed (i.e.POS upgrades, 5S, New Store Opening, New Hire Onboarding)
- Key leader in planning and execution of annual Outlet Sale
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduate. Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other related field preferred
- 2+ years project coordination or marketing experience
- 2+ Sales and/or retail experience
- Experience with SAP and POS systems preferred
- Prior store management experience a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional Travel
- Proficient at utilizing Microsoft Office software
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent organization and follow through skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Presentation skills
- Strong desire and ability to serve customers and solve problems
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to build and maintain good rapport with internal and external customers and handle situations with confidence, tact and resourcefulness
- Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced office environment
- Strong team player
- Provide a high level of service while simultaneously managing multiple projects and tasks for a variety of situations
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment. Utilizing an office desk – sitting, reading, listening, or speaking with the ability to move intermittently throughout the day
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
- Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, and phones
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Occasional overnight travel as required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Vera Bradley’s Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policy
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in Spanish)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (Supplement)
E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment application process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] Please include the accommodation you are requesting and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation and other EEO/Affirmative Action issues will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Vera Bradley's Employees
Assistant Store Manager, Jefferson Pointe
Natalie's first priority is always the customer. As an assistant store manager, she loves to help them discover all of Vera Bradley's new collections that will satisfy their fashion wants and needs.
Back to top