Part Time Shipping Clerk
Accurately select, package, and ship customer orders. This is a PART TIME position with a 3 day per week/8 hour per day schedule. First, Second, or Third shift is available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pick customer orders from finished goods area
- Process ecommerce orders based of specified method of packing depending on order type
- Audit orders: for picking errors, overages, weight errors
- Process customer orders in Value Added area; stuffing, polly bagging, labeling, re-ticketing
- Lift boxes onto and off conveyor belt; stack boxes in orderly fashion on loading dock and/or load into truck
- Process U.S. mail in preparation for pickup
- Assemble shipping boxes via carton erector, bottom taper or manually
- Maintain 5S in work areas
- Assist in other Operations areas as needed
- Participate in continuous improvement and other projects
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred
- Shipping with PTL experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good PC skills
- Ability to read
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong organization and follow through skills
- Strong interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain good rapport with internal and external customers and handle situations with confidence, tact and resourcefulness
- Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strong team player
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Light manufacturing/warehouse environment—constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping and reaching
- Physical stamina to maintain adequate productivity rates
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
- Ability to operate a pallet jack
- Ability to frequently lift up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 55 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Vera Bradley's Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policy
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in Spanish)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (Supplement)
E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment application process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] Please include the accommodation you are requesting and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation and other EEO/Affirmative Action issues will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Vera Bradley's Employees
Customer Service Manager
Denise manages part-time, full-time, and seasonal customer service representatives at Vera Bradley, answering customer calls, questions, and order inquiries through emails, live-chats, and writing.
Back to top