Part Time Customer Service Representative
This is a PART TIME position working Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays from 12:30 pm -9:00 pm and alternating weekends. .
Ensure customer satisfaction (Vera Bradley direct customers, Specialty Retail Partners, International and eBay) through processing orders, preparing general correspondence and coordinating customer service needs with other functions as required. Serve as customer contact, representing Vera Bradley by telephone, chat and/or mail regarding such matters as placing an order, pricing, stock availability and shipping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide courteous and professional customer service while exemplifying Vera Bradley's core values to all customer types
- Handle incoming telephone calls, chats, letters and facsimiles requesting orders, providing price information, sharing product features and benefits, checking stock status information, assisting with change to orders, making account adjustments/updates and placing order cancellations, etc.
- Share promotions and suggest additional items as appropriate
- Process payments, credits and/or debits
- Process and send requested reports, invoices and packs slips upon request
- Assist retail partners with marketing promotion questions to include assisting with support documents on the Partner's Log-InWork with Customer Service Specialists as needed
- Prepare Return Authorization paperwork and print return labels utilizing FedEx Online
- Assist Customer Service Supervisor with special projects as requested
- Evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customer's experience around products, packaging, shipping, service or billing methods Make outbound calls for follow-up and upselling
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken
- Maintain a balance between company policy and customer benefit in decision making; Handling issues in the best interest of both customer and company
- Maintain updated knowledge of department metrics and KPI's
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate
- 2+ years customer service experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers
- Strong desire and ability to serve customers and solve problems
- Strong typing skills, 10 key experience and PC proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office software
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent organization and follow through skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain good rapport with internal and external customers and handle situations with confidence, tact and resourcefulness
- Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced office environment
- Knowledge of Vera Bradley customer service processes, systems and customers preferred
- Extensive SAP knowledge preferred
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment. Utilizing an office desk – sitting, reading, listening, or speaking with the ability to move intermittently throughout the day
- Must have the ability to sit at an office desk for long periods of time within close proximity to telephone and PC
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing and dexterity
- Ability to operate office equipment, including computers , copiers, fax machines and phones
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Vera Bradley's Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policy
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in Spanish)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (Supplement)
E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment application process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] Please include the accommodation you are requesting and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation and other EEO/Affirmative Action issues will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Vera Bradley's Employees
Customer Service Manager
Denise manages part-time, full-time, and seasonal customer service representatives at Vera Bradley, answering customer calls, questions, and order inquiries through emails, live-chats, and writing.
Back to top