Perform duties related to loading, unloading, receiving, and all other jobs related to daily warehouse activities. This will be a THIRD SHIFT position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Load and unload materials onto/from delivery trucks
- Sort, distribute and stock incoming materials, filling backorders and replenish stock as needed
- Monitor inventory levels and communicate inventory needs as necessary
- Sort and organize seconds inventory and process related paperwork
- Utilize Company delivery vehicles for local deliveries, pickups and miscellaneous errands
- Process front office requests such as delivery of office supplies, transportation of mail, etc.
- Utilize compactor to minimize scrap fabric and cardboard
- Replenish cardboard box supply and disassemble boxes for disposal
- Maintain organization of warehouse
- Assist in other Operations areas as needed
- Participate in the physical inventory process
- Participate in continuous improvement projects and support 5S initiatives
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate preferred
- Warehouse and/or shipping experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic PC skills
- Valid driver's license with good motor vehicle record
- Ability to read
- Strong team player with positive demeanor
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Light manufacturing/warehouse environment—constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping and reaching
- Physical stamina to maintain adequate productivity rates
- Ability to operate a pallet jack and forklift equipment
- Ability to operate Company delivery vehicle for local deliveries, pickups and errands
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 lbs.; occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Vera Bradley's Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policy
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in Spanish)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (Supplement)
E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment application process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] Please include the accommodation you are requesting and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation and other EEO/Affirmative Action issues will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Vera Bradley's Employees
Customer Service Manager
Denise manages part-time, full-time, and seasonal customer service representatives at Vera Bradley, answering customer calls, questions, and order inquiries through emails, live-chats, and writing.
Back to top