Key Account Manager
The Key Account Manger for "pure play" accounts, including Amazon, Zappos and eBags, will be responsible for successfully building strong relationships with the above accounts to execute, manage, achieve and exceed the assigned sales growth for Vera Bradley. In addition, this role will be the congruency leader to ensure all wholesale eCommerce sites follow Vera Bradley key brand standards. This role would work collaboratively with cross functional teams based in Fort Wayne and NYC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Direct responsibility for managing the respective accounts for all Vera Bradley Product categories with a focus on Handbags, Accessories,Travel and Luggage.
- Develop short and long term plans in conjunction with leadership that will execute against corporate sales goals and ensure that the distribution plan is effectively administered.
- Develop recommended product assortments covering all categories and franchise businesses with the goal to remain both internally and externally profitable while aslo adhering to Vera Bradley's brand standards.
- Be responsible for obtaining and communicating the profitability components of the OTB to maximize opportunities for reorders, new orders and special orders.
- Become a master end user of Amazon and Zappos portals.
- Identify account opportunities to improve product assortment. Identify and communicate competitive trends.
- Build strong relationships with the buying teams and ensure strong collaboration and partnership.
- Scan wholesale on line accounts on a regular basis to help ensure Vera Bradley brand standards such as launch dates, MSRP and photograpy are upheld to high standards.
- Work cross-funtionally with Merchandising and Demand Planning to ensure that accounts are properly covered and assortments forecasted appropriately to maximize sales.-.
- Stay current on industry standards and competitors to bring new and innovative ideas for how to best present and sell Vera Bradley product.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Sales or related field or equivalent experience
- 5 plus years of Wholesale Sales experience
- Previous experience managing ecommerce accounts preferably with Amazon
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrates management and leadership skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong analytical ability, organizational, negotiation, communication and presentation skills
- interpersonal, communication, and written skills
- Entrepreneurial drive and the ability to manage day-to-day details as well as define the long-term vision and objectives
- Understanding of all retails profitability components
- Ability to establish and build effective working relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently (remotely) and with a team
- Experience managing preferred
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment. Utilizing an office desk – sitting, reading, listening, or speaking with the ability to move intermittently throughout the day
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
- Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, and phones
- Fleixibility for frequent travel to visit accounts and Corporate Headquarters
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Vera Bradley's Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policy
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in Spanish)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (Supplement)
E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment application process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] Please include the accommodation you are requesting and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation and other EEO/Affirmative Action issues will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Vera Bradley's Employees
Customer Service Manager
Denise manages part-time, full-time, and seasonal customer service representatives at Vera Bradley, answering customer calls, questions, and order inquiries through emails, live-chats, and writing.
Back to top