Financial Analyst I
Assist in providing analytical support to functional departments on a regular and as-requested basis in order to support key management personnel’s decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work closely with business segment to provide support in planning, budgeting and analysis of actual segment results
- Perform analysis and audits on data to ensure integrity
- Analyze key operational metrics and/or complex financial data and summarize findings in reports for distribution to a wide range of recipients
- Provide analysis as needed to help support business decisions
- Collaborate internally within Finance department to provide ad-hoc reporting in support of sales, margin, and operational goals
- Based on assigned business segment, may also perform some or all of the following duties:
- Collaborate with Finance leadership to budget and track key components of assigned business segment and provide regular reviews to assigned business segment.
- Create monthly sales goals and track actual performance to goal at the team member and account level
- Create timely and accurate monthly forecasts by aligning with sales partners to properly reflect risk and opportunities
- Analyze proposed and existing promotions to determine if they are financially justified, meeting stated goals, and being carried out within systems properly
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- 1+ years finance or accounting experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office analytical tools including spreadsheet, database and graphing applications
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain good rapport with internal and external customers and handle situations with confidence, tact and resourcefulness
- Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced office environment
- Strong team player
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment. Utilizing an office desk – sitting, reading, listening, or speaking with the ability to move intermittently throughout the day
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
- Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, and phones
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Vera Bradley’s Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policy
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in Spanish)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (Supplement)
E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment application process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] Please include the accommodation you are requesting and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation and other EEO/Affirmative Action issues will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Vera Bradley's Employees
Assistant Store Manager, Jefferson Pointe
Natalie's first priority is always the customer. As an assistant store manager, she loves to help them discover all of Vera Bradley's new collections that will satisfy their fashion wants and needs.
Back to top