All applicants are encouraged to provide samples of work or a link to an online portfolio at time of application
In coordination with the Copy and Creative teams, responsible for creating copy for digital campaigns and social media initiatives while expressing the Vera Bradley brand “voice.”
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Compose, proof and edit copy for Vera Bradley’s digital properties, including verabradley.com, Inside Stitch (the official Vera Bradley blog), social media, SMS and affiliate networks.
- Write, edit and proof copy for daily web and email campaigns and marketing programs.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of content calendars.
- Write clear, concise and compelling content that promotes Vera Bradley’s products, meets the users’ needs for information, attracts new customers and retains existing customers.
- Ensure that copy is written in the Vera Bradley voice and adheres to corporate brand standards.
- Ensure that the Vera Bradley voice is consistent across all digital properties.
- Work collaboratively with the marketing and e-commerce teams to ensure that the promotional campaigns and marketing programs are cohesive, on-brand and meet the goals of the initiatives.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate. Bachelors degree in Marketing, Copywriting, English or Communications equivalent experience preferred.
- 3+ years copywriting experience, preferably with from an online retail background
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong understanding of search engine optimization, email subject lines, open rates, calls to action, etc.
- Strong understanding of user experience and information hierarchy
- Ability to alter the brand voice to accommodate each of Vera Bradley’s digital properties (marketing, social and editorial)
- Solid understanding of web standards and best practices
- Knowledge of promotion and marketing strategies a plus
- Strong visualization skills
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Detail and multi-task oriented
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment utilizing a computer over 75% of time; utilization of office desk – sitting, reading, listening or speaking
- Occasional local travel for Company business
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Vera Bradley’s Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policy
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in Spanish)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (Supplement)
E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment application process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] Please include the accommodation you are requesting and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation and other EEO/Affirmative Action issues will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top