Provide support to the Design Management team for select product categories from concept to hand off to the Product Development Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with the Design Management team to develop innovative products that are on brand, in keeping with the company’s mission statement and meet margin requirements
- Present and sell new product concepts to the Design Management team for buy in at the beginning of a new season
- Collaborate with the Design Management team on the preparation of calendars for new products and materials for each season
- Create initial technical spec packages, Tech Pack, BOM in Flex PLM with accurate information in order to communicate design specific details necessary to hand off to Product Development
- ·Work in conjunction with the Design Management team to provide design direction to sample room and vendors, prepare sample requests, review, critique, test, and approve submitted samples, during Trend Translation
- Create and present seasonal product concept boards and review with Design Management team for presentations
- Collaborate with Product Development and Material Team to maintain adherence to product, color and material standards
- Work with Quality team to have protocols researched and materials tested through SGS during the product development stage
- Participate in the process of selecting materials, components and trims for seasonal introductions of new colors and styles
- Responsible for reviewing all counter and colorway samples in order to give comments and approval
- Research trends, analyze product market, study competitive accessory brands that are relevant to categories designed, and shop stores for inspiration and comparative analysis. Create and present product trend boards for each season. Proof product information for catalog and marketing material copy
- Responsible to maintain Flex PLM by entering new products in Flex from a seasonal assortment tool
- Provide support and guidance to Design Assistant as needed
- Oversee the set up for line meetings and presentations to both internal and external customers
- Assist Sr. Product Designer and/or Director on various projects as needed
- Responsible to maintain Flex PLM by entering new product in Flex from seasonal assortment tool
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school gradulate required. Bachelor’s degree in apparel merchandising, textile design, or related field preferred
- 2+ years experience in fashion consumer product design
- Understanding of the development of fashion accessories or handbags from concept to production preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with the proven ability to communicate with all levels across the organization
- Strong team player with the ability to build and maintain good rapport with both internal and external customers to handle situations with confidence and tact
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize workload, and concurrently manage multiple projects
- Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- High level of attention to detail with strong follow-through skills
- Understands key business drivers and uses this knowledge in own work
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance. Demonstrated ability to solve a range of problems with the ability to analyze solutions
- Resourceful with ability to make decisions and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Familiarity with design characteristics and knowledge of fabrics a plus
- A strong eye for color, detail and functionality of product
- Understanding of sewing process and ability to sew a plus
- Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office software and Adobe Illustrator required. Ability to learn quickly and apply technical skills required for the position
- Working knowledge of Flex PLM a plus
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment. Utilizing an office desk – sitting, reading, listening, or speaking with the ability to move intermittently throughout the day
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
- Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, and phones
- Domestic travel possible
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment application process, please send an e-mail to [email protected]. Please include the accommodation you are requesting and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation and other EEO/Affirmative Action issues will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top