Credit and Collections Representative
Responsible for servicing assigned retail accounts to ensure accurate and timely billing and collections activities.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Monitor and maintain past due balances at an acceptable level
- Proactively manage designated accounts to resolve and reduce past due balances
- Maintain communication of problem accounts to Shared Services Manager
- Receive and resolve incoming customer calls
- Administer and maintain credit hold process
- Process credit card payments to clear customer invoices
- Works with sales and customer service to resolve customer disputes
- Assists with other departmental activities as needed
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduate. Associate’s degree in accounting preferred
- 1-3 years collection experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office software
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain good rapport with internal and external customers and handle situations with confidence, tact and resourcefulness
- Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced office environment
- Strong team player
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment. Utilizing an office desk – sitting, reading, listening, or speaking with the ability to move intermittently throughout the day
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
- Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, and phones
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Vera Bradley’s Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policy
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in Spanish)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (Supplement)
E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment application process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] Please include the accommodation you are requesting and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation and other EEO/Affirmative Action issues will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top